You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Updating Affinity Photo

I opened Affinity Photo on my Windows machine just now and was prompted to download the latest update.

But when I open Affinity Photo on my Mac I do not get this automatic prompt. How do I go about updating my Mac version?

• Staff

If you purchased through the Mac App Store, open the Mac App Store App and go to the Updates page. If the updates are not showing, go to Store > Reload page. This should hopefully force the updates to show.

For purchases made directly through our own Store, your Affinity App will check for updates when opened and it should offer you the 1.7 update.

18 minutes ago, SFurniss said:

If the updates are not showing, go to Store > Reload page.

Alternatively, use the +R keyboard shortcut.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I have the same problem. I have bought the software via Itunes shop but cannot see or find it in the App Store.

I did purchase Affinity Designer the same day in the same way and that has just updated and is available in STUDIOLINK automatically.

Can you please help me out how to get a key or update Affinity Photo since i am obviously not planning to pay for it 2times.

1342011044_Schermafbeelding2019-06-25om16_34_26.thumb.png.57b306d6448e7b40d07629a16304bf57.png

[EDIT] Invoice removed for privacy reasons [EDIT]

• Staff

Hi sandyvdelsen,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If the updates are not showing in the Mac App Store app try the following: go to the Updates section (in the Mac App Store app) and press CMD+R to refresh/reload the page (or got to menu Store > Reload Page).

If it doesn't fix the issue: Log-out then log-in again with the same Apple ID. Check the Updates section again. If they till don't appear, drag the application from the Applications folder to the Trash on your Mac, empty the trash, run Mac App Store again, click your username on the bottom left of the Mac App Store interface to access the Purchased section and install the application again from there.