You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Display pages side-by-side

I'm editing a document with two pages. A front and a back page of a single sheet. Now both pages are displayed strictly below each other. There's still plenty of free space on my monitor, but that's to the side, not the height. I don't want to put it vertically just for this case (in fact I never did that, it would mess up my entire desktop layout).

It would be great if Publisher could just display my two pages one left and the other right, not top and bottom. Word can do this, too.

You can use a double page spread and have it start on the left side. See the New Document window. Or the Document setup in your current document.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is, it is not a double page, it's front and back. The double page is displayed immediately touching each other in the middle. Bleed area is then handled incorrectly. I meant to display the pages with a gap in between.

23 hours ago, ygoe said:

The problem is, it is not a double page, it's front and back. The double page is displayed immediately touching each other in the middle. Bleed area is then handled incorrectly. I meant to display the pages with a gap in between.

31 minutes ago, ygoe said:

That's an interesting topic for facing pages (which I don't have) but not related to my actual display question.

Can't be done (currently). If you only have the two pages and if you own Designer you could use two artboards in one document and have them side by side. I know it is not a solution.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 4 years later...