You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The luminance brushes pack

Hi,

With this post I would like to ask a question. 

Many of us are searching for the luminance brushes pack, demonstrated in the awesome Affinity annual live event earlier this week.
It seems it was a limited time free offer which is no longer valid.

However, I noticed the "180 smoke and cloud brushes" in the store. (https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/store/product/180-smoke-and-cloud-brushes/)
Is it the same pack? Does this pack contain the luminance brushes for the desktop version?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi tmmls :)

Unfortunately the Luminance pack is no longer available as free content, my apologies.

The smoke and cloud brushes we're selling in the store are a separate pack made by a different artist, so don't include any of the Luminance brushes. I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

We don't have any plans to sell the Luminance brush pack, apologies!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

correct me if i'm wrong... 
what is the purpose of performing a show (around 25:00 in the 2019 keynote) with something that is not available?
it is even not for sale (and it was apparently once free!).
that is not a generously cool thing at all!
demonstrating "cool" brushes (like that raster luminance brush) that are not part of the software is just not done...

7 hours ago, tomvh said:

what is the purpose of performing a show (around 25:00 in the 2019 keynote) with something that is not available?

It was just a small part of the demonstration of how StudioLink can improve & simplify workflows. Other brushes could have been used, including ones users can create themselves, but I think @Ash chose one of the Luminosity brushes because, like the smoke one, it fit the theme of the document page he was using in the demonstration.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hello,

So you keep at least one video tutorial up on YouTube with nearly 12,000 views that is focused on the brushes, use the works of art that utilize the brushes in keynotes, and in general showcased amazing brushes and we can’t even give you money for them? Am I missing something? Who is the artist that made them? Do they have a site we can purchase them from? I didn’t even know Affinity Photo existed until a couple of weeks ago or else I would have bought it when I could get the brushes. I get not giving them away for free, that’s cool, but not even letting artists buy them, or showing where they can buy them, is just bizarre. Thank you for your time and help.

"It was just a small part of the demonstration of how StudioLink can improve & simplify workflows. Other brushes could have been used, including ones users can create themselves, but I think @Ash chose one of the Luminosity brushes because, like the smoke one, it fit the theme of the document page he was using in the demonstration."

OK... 

kind of makes sense ;-)

but i still think you better use the available tools with a demo...

Edited by tomvh

• Staff

I understand, can you please email affinitysupport@serif.com and we'll see what we can do for you :)

Please note -

Many thanks!