BenBruce

Clone tool - selecting clone source

Issue selecting clone point - I’m assuming functionality hasn’t changed here.. therefore I guess a bug.

i click and hold to select source point, but the warning messsage pops up saying you need to click and hold, which I am doing.

It randomly then seems to suddenly select a point and clone, try and click and hold to reset the cursor point, but it doesn’t move.

it occasionally selects a new point but no control over it.

Anyone else’s experiencing this?   I know I have to use my finger and not the Apple Pencil for this, but it’s doing this strange behaviour

thanks

@BenBruce The loupe that appears when you press and hold initially won't set the clone point. You have to use a finger to set the point. I think this is still a work in progress with affinity and the loupe. :)

Edit Oops just noticed your last line.  Maybe it’s a lag issue? I'm finding it works better if I do a merge visible occasionally  to create a new image layer with my edits and start working on that new layer.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.3  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Thanks for the reply - I think I found the issue or at least a cure. 

I toggled the - ‘touch for gestures only’ setting and restarted the app. And all seems to be ok now.

not sure why this helped.