You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

StudioLink between Designer and Photo and the future or Affinity...

Hey guys, first I want to congratulate the Affinity for all the progress they've achieved all these years. You made such incredible progress with such a small team, regardless of your pricing model compared to the other A-team.

So compliments aside, I was really blown away by the StudioLink feature and since I don't work in publishing, this could still be really handy for my workflow while working in Designer and instead switching to the Pixel Persona, just switch to the Affinity Photo module/persona (if it's installed of course), which is a lot more powerful than the old Pixel Persona.

This was always my dream, and I see that was yours as well, having a single interface where you can work on anything from publishing to vector to photo editing and best of all use a single file format like .AFF or something which would open in something like Affinity Studio which would be more like a container for all the Affinity apps you have installed. Or just keep one software (Affinity Studio) which when you buy it, you would just buy/activate the modules you need like Publisher and Photo for some people or just Designer and Photo, like in my case, for others.

Is this the direction your moving towards? If yes, then you guys could finally pull off something that the other A-team could dream of and would make your company a serious alternative to theirs software, especially for big creative agencies.

Good luck,
Cristian

Check out my awesome Affinity Creations!

Yes affinity just need one software program called StudioLink . That would be so awesome. If they don't you could end up having other software programs from Affinity filling up all your desktop memory. One Softwear one program that has all the Affinity Apps programs you will ever need in one place. 

Just update one program instead of updating all 3 seperate Affinity Apps.  Affinity is the best.

I think eventually the DAM that Serif has announced for "some time in the future" will Studiolink all three applications.

I prefer having the option to buy the software separately, also, Studiolink doesn't include ALL functionality from the applications but (at least for now?) pnly the main persona.

16 hours ago, AffinityUser50 said:

Yes affinity just need one software program called StudioLink . That would be so awesome. If they don't you could end up having other software programs from Affinity filling up all your desktop memory.

Neither Designer nor Photo needs to be running for the Designer or Photo persona to work in Affinity Publisher -- they just need to be installed on your computer.

Therefore, there is no way for them to fill the computer's memory unless you want to run them all at once & process files in each of them simultaneously.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I think most people here have a misconception or understanding here of what the dynamic loading of components, their sharing and their memory usage in software generally means and affects.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2