You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any way to hide the bounding box on a text frame in Publisher for Windows?

Publisher is pretty great so far, but my layout is covered in blue boxes from text frames. I can hit space to hide them temporarily, but at some points in the workflow I want bounding boxes GONE unless an object is selected. Is there any way to do this? Or at least change the color to something less glaring? I didn't see anything obvious in the View menu or preferences. 

image.png.aa650edfa012912c2463b7608eb49eeb.png

View > Preview Mode. If that is checked it will get rid of the boxes unless they are selected and only while they are selected.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks, can't believe I missed that. 

I just realized--part of the problem was at some point during my search, I was in Designer mode, which of course conceals Publisher's menus... StudioLink on top of unfamiliar apps will take some getting used to!

Thanks, Jeremy. Saved my day.

You are right, I dont see the point either, calling the display of box frames "text flow".

Well, Affinity has many things confused. Very unfortunate for us users. In Designer for example, what they call "Layers" really is "Object Groups", and real Layers do not exist. I told them a half year ago and its still wrong.

Thom

5 hours ago, Thomahawk said:

Well, Affinity has many things confused. Very unfortunate for us users. In Designer for example, what they call "Layers" really is "Object Groups", and real Layers do not exist. I told them a half year ago and its still wrong.

Agreed. And it has been discussed here as well. It's even more of a problem in Publisher, and Serif is aware of it.