You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pencil problems never had before update

Before you may ask: I tried all settings, started the mac new, ...... but no change of this problem. This is really frustrating, as you may not trust an update of a well working app. And as often, now one has to live with this bug (I really guess this is not my fault) until a new update may come .........  taking months ......... 

Just did the same with 1.6.1 Version ........  no problem, all fine!

Thanks for bringing arrows, ........  and new problems!       :-(

Here another video, may be helps: When I make a first stroke, and after falling into super slow motion mode I hit the move tool, the stroke shows up completely.

When I leave this stroke as it is, and keep going adding more strokes, ....... it now works as it should. If I delete the slow motion stroke, it will happen again. 

Video 4

I have seen similar issues with the iPad version, even before 1.7. Couldn’t determine exactly what was causing the problems. Seemed to me like some background process running in Designer, eating up the resources for the screen redraw. Hmm. :/

• 3 months later...

When will this be fixed? This is really frustrating getting updates with new bugs never been there before.

As often said: I would prefer a stable working app with no bugs, to an app with more and more almost never needed toy options, ..... please spend your time to fix bugs first, so users can really work again, and not having to bother around with an apps bugs.

When designing electric guitar wirings, you have to add many strokes, and often you have to delete them, and make it new again. And also this is no workaround, cause as soon as you delete a stroke (when you went the wrong way), the bug comes again, over and over again!

My suggestion to Affinity: Bring more smaller updates more often, and just remove these annoying bugs so one can work with your software fine again! 

And please fix bugs first ........ before adding more new features again, ....... and bringing us new bugs again not being there before!

And may I quote this from Sean:

.... This is a known issue that is with development and it seems to only affect the first stroke you draw after doing an undo operation - any subsequent strokes should be ok ....

So why no fix then? Next update then ...... 2020 ..... ? 

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't appear to be experiencing the same delays? Out of interest what are your performance preferences set to, Metal or OpenGL, (both give me the same results). Can you supply your mac specs and maybe upload a sample file so the Affinity team can take a closer look?

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.8, Magic Mouse

• Staff

This issue has not been addressed in 1.7.3, but thanks for your input Hangman

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Okay, thanks for confirming Patrick, is it OS version-specific, I'm really not experiencing the problem unless I'm completely missing the point!

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.8, Magic Mouse

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...