You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preferences: Textcolor black with K = 100%

Yesterday I asked a very similar question at almost the same time:

I just did it in more detail - or maybe in too much detail for anybody else to understand...:(

The whole concept of how color values are stored within a Pubilsher document is still a little confusing to me. The same is true for color mode conversions during imports and exports. 

• Staff

There currently is no option to set black as 100% K rather than use all four channels to create true black, to have only black you will need to change the document colour format to grey with the the profile as black and white but if you go back to CMYK it will convert this back to using all four channels. You could post this in the Feature request forum and it may be added in a future release.

1 hour ago, DWright said:

There currently is no option to set black as 100% K

Hm? – I might misunderstand the topic but to me it appears that I only should not use the default application palettes but need to create my own swatches instead for use in CMYK workflow.

Sample 1.7 PDF with black text in both 100 K and RGB:   v408_2 text 100 K black.pdf

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 1 year later...

Am I hearing this correctly, that all text will export as a CMYK mix? I've been setting styles specifically with only 100%K as having a mix for type is not a good idea, as registration for all colour plates on type will surely not line up exactly and you'll have fuzzy type. I'm finding the colour swatches and colour settings a little confusing at first here as well. I hope that my document export comes out as I expect.