You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Picker shows wrong image snapshot

The affinity color picker shows the wrong color selection snapshot. See the image attached. I've reproduced this one on two different computers.

Click to select a color works, but as soon as we drag the mouse or the pen, the faulty behavior is visible.

AffinityPhotoColorPicker.png

I'm using Windows 10. However, neither system I've tested in (a laptop and a desktop) is attached to a second monitor. It is true though that as I'm using 4K displays both on the laptop and the desktop, I'm using Windows scaling (Windows' Scale and Layout settings).

I've changed the Scale and Layout setting to 100% and the Color Picker magnifier shows the correct image snapshot.

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

Hey iBaloo42,

We've had new hardware since this bug was reported and I'm using 2x 4k monitors and I can't reproduce it in the 1.8 beta. The bug report hasn't had any activity but would you mind installing the beta alongside the retail version? You can uninstall it once you've checked. I'm only asking because you were always able to reproduce it but I'm not struggling. 

I did check the retail version and I can't reproduce it in that either but I think it's the hardware change we had.

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey iBaloo42,

We've had new hardware since this bug was reported and I'm using 2x 4k monitors and I can't reproduce it in the 1.8 beta. The bug report hasn't had any activity but would you mind installing the beta alongside the retail version? You can uninstall it once you've checked. I'm only asking because you were always able to reproduce it but I'm not struggling. 

I did check the retail version and I can't reproduce it in that either but I think it's the hardware change we had.

I tested this one on my laptop with the beta version, and it is not reproducible anymore.

• Staff

In that case, I'd kindly ask you to keep an eye out for it but I wouldn't like to assume it is definitely fixed just yet. I'm always wary about closing bug reports that haven't had any developer activity on them. Thanks for letting me know :)