You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suite: Confusing Add-ons, Macros, Brushes and Goodies

Hi there! 

I've got a new PC and had to (re)install my Affinity-Products. This confuses me, can I use them all in Publisher, Designer and Photo - and iOS?

I've got: 

1. Kostenloses Makropaket  ("Free Macros" - "macro-pack.zip") - Universal - Version 1.0.0
  2. Dirk Wüstenhagen - Fine Art Texture Collection - Universal - Version 1.0.0
  3. Uplift - Epic Skies Overlays - Universal - Version 1.0.0
  4. DAUB BlackBox Brush Pack - Universal - Version 1.0.2
  5. Live Filters Macro Pack - Universal - Version 1.0.0
  6. iOS 11 UI Kit - Universal - Version 1.0.2 (I'll never use this)
  7. Chunky Markers Brush Pack - Universal - Version 1.0.0
  8. "live-filters.afmacros" (perhaps iPad only)

I was able to Import Vector-Brushes ("Chunky Markers") to Photo, but how can I use them? They are not showing up.

When I run a Macro, I've got that message by the Assistant. Is there a need to change some things inside the macros?

Thank you.

af.png

Greetings from Germany

Micha

Please excuse my bad english. I learned it at school over thirty years ago. If you don't use it (regularly), you'll loose it.

Windows 10 & iPadOS: Affinity Suite (v1 and v2), all Workbooks (v1, german language), some content-packages

45 minutes ago, MichaDE said:

I was able to Import Vector-Brushes ("Chunky Markers") to Photo, but how can I use them? They are not showing up

Hi MichaDE, you need to be in Designer to use Vector brushes. Or the Designer Persona of Publisher.

The Assistant message is just informing you that it has updated an element in your Macro to be compatible with the newer versions, the assistant will disappear after a couple of seconds, you can ignore it or if it bugs you the macros will need editing for any Legacy items. Selective colour is one that does it to me. It will depend on your macros but it should not effect all of them.

All of your brushes can be used in Designer & any Vector ones in Designer Persona of Publisher...you need to be in the Vector Persona to use vector brushes. All of your raster brushes are good in Photo and the Photo Persona of Publisher.

Your Texture collection is usable in all Apps. Your Macros are all for Photo and the Photo Persona of Publisher ...I have not had chance to test mine in Publisher yet so I can't be 100% certain that they will work. Your Epic Skys overlays are as far as I can remember all image files so can be used in all Apps.