You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyphenation dictionaries not found

First and formost, congratulations to the whole Affinity team for an excellent launch and a big thank you for providing us with such an excellent software suite!

One issue that's been bugging me for some time and has not been resolved as far as I know: 

Hunspell hyphenation dictionaries are ignored when placed in the system Spelling folder, i.e /Users/Profile_Name]/Library/Spelling

They are picked up only if placed DIRECTLY into the app package, i.e. /Applications/Affinity Publisher.app/Contents/Resources/Dictionaries 

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers!

I made a similar post some time ago. That seemed  to be the only way of using additional spelling and hyphenation dictionaries. A real nuisance every time the app got an update.

Now I tried placing the hyphenation and spelling folders also in Library/Dictionaries

Seems to work!

On 6/27/2019 at 11:55 PM, Rabari said:

I made a similar post some time ago. That seemed  to be the only way of using additional spelling and hyphenation dictionaries. A real nuisance every time the app got an update.

Now I tried placing the hyphenation and spelling folders also in Library/Dictionaries

Seems to work!

Hi! can you tell me what files are to enable hyphenation? like extendion? or  where to put them?

i installed dictionaries for my russian language (.aff and .dic) but cant understand how to install hyphenation dictionary

On 6/27/2019 at 10:55 PM, Rabari said:

Seems to work!

Well, I never! Rabari, you nailed it!    /Library/Dictionaries indeed seems to work.

Thank you my friend!

• 8 months later...