You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7.1 still bugged

4 hours ago, p_mac said:

My image is 16bits, so I opened a doc, just as described but in 16 bits, no lag at all.  Try it to see if has something to do with 8 bits. 

I just converted my blank 8000x8000 px 8bit Document (which has delay with brush strokes showing), to a 16 bit doc and amazingly no delay evident at all!!

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Seeing same here, lab colour allowed more layers but it got laggy too. Deleting layers didn’t help either.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

v1.7.1 iPad Pro 2018 w pencil. I’m experiencing similar issues with the inpainting tool - 30 mpix jpegs are impossible to work on even with just a few layers (I get the black screen with “inpainting brush” progress bar even after just a tap at the image... 

Hi Chris B. 

I am attaching a video to show that you can’t see the live filter effect ,in this video, it is high pass filter on the 1,7.1 update , I’ve experienced the same problem on the 1.7 version. You can only see it once merging down or export the photo. My first try making the video everything crashed when i’ve tried to merge it.  Everything worked perfect on the 1.69 version. I am using Ipad Pro 2nd and latest ios update

I am setting it to overlay, and it is the same method that I am using for the last 18months  on Affinity Photo and it worked perfectly on version 1.69 and earlier versions.  You can use hard light, soft light and linear light. I have just tried it now with linear light and experienced the exact same problem where you can only see the full efect of the filter once merging down or export. 

A random problem occurred on my iMac in Affinity Photo.  I was editing a photo and the AP normal app opening screeappeared, the one you get when you open AP, I  selected close and all was normal.  If it occurs again I will screen capture. Posting, just in case, others have experienced same bug.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

This file is 1.77gb and I have been using the paint brush and gradients on it for the past 10 minutes.  I have duplicated, saved, etc.   It is 20659 x 5295 px.  Other then having trouble with the keyboard, won’t disappear. 

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Cecil said:

Posting, just in case, others have experienced same bug.

thanks, this thread is in the Photo iPad section and many problems are unique to the platform, but that may help some here. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Sorry for the many posts but having difficulty with the Apple keyboard as it seems to get stuck and won’t retreat.  But as you can see this is a very large file. It is a pano of 6 - 43 mp images done on this iPad Pro. 

9C18238D-0383-4DFA-B13D-738785AEF1CF.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

thanks, this thread is in the Photo iPad section and many problems are unique to the platform, but that may help some here. 

So sorry, just reading unread, did not realize change from desktop to iPad.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

1 hour ago, Panana said:

I am setting it to overlay, and it is the same method that I am using for the last 18months  on Affinity Photo and it worked perfectly on version 1.69 and earlier versions.  You can use hard light, soft light and linear light. I have just tried it now with linear light and experienced the exact same problem where you can only see the full efect of the filter once merging down or export. 

I am not seeing this issue here using both Overlay and Linear Light. No merge applied as you can see.

Edited by p_mac
Vid didn’t upload properly, please delete vid with thanks

Sorry Panana, the vid wouldn’t upload but the high pass filter is working well for me.  My iPad Pro is 1T 6gb 2018.  I don’t know if you should delete and download again.  If you do make sure that you save your photos so they don’t get deleted as well.  I have done that myself as sometimes the download can be corrupted.   Is everything else working as you expect?

Are you using RAW images?  

If this is a problem make sure that the mods know all the information.  

I am using raw, do the basic adjustments in development persona. I am doing a lot of sport photography and it is luckily quiet now during school holidays. But I need Affinity to be fully operational for July and August when I have a full schedule of events

• 1 month later...

You can get access to latest beta this way: 

5 hours ago, DM1 said:

You can get access to latest beta this way: 

Time ago I’ve tried to apply to the beta program but I never was contacted by Serif to get the code to access to the beta version through the TestFlight app.:(

I would more than happy (and totally in my interest) to test the beta version, if only it would be possible.

• Staff
52 minutes ago, bilboudo said:

I would more than happy (and totally in my interest) to test the beta version, if only it would be possible.

Can you drop me a personal message with the following I'll see what I can do:

1. Your forum handle/username OR firstname + lastname
  2. Your email address.
  3. Which compatible iPad device you own (iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad (2017) iPad (2018))

I certainly appreciate your interest :) 

I'm not too sure when we can expect to see the new update released to the App Store to be honest. 

• 7 months later...
  • Staff
On 3/28/2020 at 12:08 AM, Raimondo said:

My iPad freezes constantly when using this new version. Totally useless. 
Anybody knows how to get hold of Serif?

Hey Raimondo,

You contact us through social media or the support forum.

I would recommend posting a new topic on the forum telling us exactly what your issue is with as much detail as possible (version number, which iPad you are using, what you're doing, etc.) so we can help. 
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/79-photo-bugs-found-on-ipads/