You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export error

I purchased the program in the AppStore and try to export a pdf file, but in the end, after processing the data, an error appears that cannot be exported. In the beta version, I did not really work, but there was no such error.

In error, smoothes the path for export. The program tries to export a pdf file to a pdf file. The correct path will be ~/Desktop/file.pdf , and it turns out ~/Desktop/file.pdf/file.pdf

Снимок экрана 2019-06-20 в 5.57.30 PM.png

@kedmans, I only can imagine an issue with installation. After I downloaded and installed AfPublisher I often get - after some beta updates and after the retail version, too – a weird incomplete window view when I was about to save or export. The windows content only got restored correctly after I rebooted the computer.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

@thomaso, Thanks for the advice - I rebooted the mac and the program began to work even worse. Now it hangs on the choice of the place of export. After clicking on the export button, the program in the monitoring system is not frozen, but nothing can be done in it: neither close the window, nor open another, nor change the name of the file, etc.

It seems that the pop-up is open somewhere, but it is not visible and cannot be closed. Even hot buttons do not work.

Снимок экрана 2019-06-20 в 6.39.36 PM.png

What do you mean by "program in the monitoring system" ?
What pop-up window would become opened with an export command?

If there is another window open in the background then, I guess, you would hear your macs warning sound if you click somewhere else than in that invisible window which waits for your response.
I hardly can imagine whats going on there for you.

Some people were reporting issues with the mac feature of "spaces" (different "desktops"). I don't have such issues with AfPublisher though I have assigned a specific space for AfPublisher. But, in case you are using spaces, you possibly try set AfPub to not using it or using all spaces.

Hello kedmans,

what I've seen sometimes and sounds similar to your problems is related to short memory problems. If you have open many apps or the open ones use a lot of RAM Publisher might become extremely slow. Thus it looks like it crashed but the system monitor (Aktivitätsanzeige in german) shows that the software is just busy. Close other applications or just wait for a few minutes!

Best, Karl

18 hours ago, thomaso said:

What do you mean by "program in the monitoring system" ?
What pop-up window would become opened with an export command?

If there is another window open in the background then, I guess, you would hear your macs warning sound if you click somewhere else than in that invisible window which waits for your response.
I hardly can imagine whats going on there for you.

Some people were reporting issues with the mac feature of "spaces" (different "desktops"). I don't have such issues with AfPublisher though I have assigned a specific space for AfPublisher. But, in case you are using spaces, you possibly try set AfPub to not using it or using all spaces.

I mean this is a system application.
I do not know what it is called in English, but in Russian it is called "System Monitoring"
394580549_2019-06-211_49_34PM.png.967400d3843f005f1b09f151f1a9e380.png

18 hours ago, Karl H. said:

Hello kedmans,

what I've seen sometimes and sounds similar to your problems is related to short memory problems. If you have open many apps or the open ones use a lot of RAM Publisher might become extremely slow. Thus it looks like it crashed but the system monitor (Aktivitätsanzeige in german) shows that the software is just busy. Close other applications or just wait for a few minutes!

Best, Karl

There is enough RAM. The program just does not have an inscription that it is stuck and does not respond

18 hours ago, thomaso said:

@ kedmans, could the iCloud cause issues for you?
In your screenshot it might seem you are running AfPublisher from the iCloud?

icloud.jpg.752923c1f76f5d232516bb66e7475755.jpg

The project is open from the desktop and exported to the desktop.

The iCloud folder is made on the side so that files can be saved there if necessary. But if we talk about this, then even the large Affinity Designer projects worked in such a calm way. The project was opened from iCloud and easily exported to svg, pdf and png.

I was right. When reducing the program window for the first time, a window appeared asking for rights to export several files. Before this window did not appear, and the window with the choice of place became gray, as in the video. Finally, the file was exported, but unfortunately the hypertext links, like in the beta version, are not exported.

@kedmans, fine, your export seems to work now.
Please could you continue further issues discussion in a new topic – otherwise it will become confusing and hard to follow and to answer all those different questions.

Just to make sure the initial topics bug would not get lost for the team/moderators eyes.
This topic initially was started by Karl H. and came out as a pdf export bug with postscript fonts.