Hi everybody,

there seems to be a bug with the Boolean Subtract … is that already known? Different attempts at subtracting have different results as well …

Cheers, Alex  :)

EDIT Deleted attachment. Sorted out.

Hi A_B_C,

Yes we are aware of boolean operation bugs. Matt will be working on this soon. Meanwhile if you have more problematic files, please post them so we can have more samples to test the fix with.

I have added your file to our log.

Thanks.

Hi MEB, I wanted to add something to my bug report, but you locked it. I repeated the shapes using triangles and rectangles, and then it worked correctly, but the one that went wonky was a thick stoke line that I expanded to a rectangle and I wanted to subtract that. Could be the issue, or maybe something's going on in the files. Just thought you might want to add this.

Hi brandbrilliance,

I didn't locked it. It's automatically locked as soon as i mark it as a duplicate. Anyway, I've checked the file and the boolean operations were failing no matter how you have created the objects.

Affinity should be able to perform boolean operations on expanded objects too.

Hey guys, still collecting examples?

I ran into this problem today: I'm trying to subtract one trapezoid from another shape.

But it just doesn't create the shape I’d expect it to create.

I tried other boolean combinations to get to the desired shape, also converted the

trapezoid into curves already, but still the result is always the same – straight lines

instead of the desired angle of the red trapeziod. Plus the »cut« is not centered either.

post-5367-0-98504700-1437340766_thumb.jpg

The red trapezioid is supposed to cut away the center part of the green shape.

post-5367-0-16193200-1437341124_thumb.jpg

Greetings

Dennis  ;)

Substract this.afdesign