If you attempt to save a document (Publisher) with overflowing text in one or more frames, you get a warning. But I haven't found a way to identify the offending frames? - is there a way? (other than just scanning through the (potentially very long) document....

Glad it's not just me - and I find that more often than not I can't find any such frames, which means either there's a false positive warning or I'm missing something - neither of which are good. It strikes me that one thing which would really help would be some kind of indication - perhaps on the border of the frame that there is overflowing/leftover text. Or even change the outline colour of the frame - perhaps to red to give another visual clue.

Hi John Fleet :) 

This isn't currently a feature of Affinity Publisher, but I agree this would certainly be helpful. I'll move this thread to Feature Requests and Feedback for our devs to see and consider!

On 6/21/2019 at 8:41 AM, John Fleet said:

Glad it's not just me - and I find that more often than not I can't find any such frames, which means either there's a false positive warning or I'm missing something - neither of which are good. It strikes me that one thing which would really help would be some kind of indication - perhaps on the border of the frame that there is overflowing/leftover text. Or even change the outline colour of the frame - perhaps to red to give another visual clue.

If you switch on View > Show Text Flow, frames in stories with overflow should get red round markers in the main view. The markers are located where the link handles would be if the frame were selected - they effectively turn into the triangular handles when the frame is selected (and stay red for overflow).