You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher - changing defaults

I'm learning Publisher and so far I'm able to figure out most things. 

This one I'm struggling with:

The option for space after paragraph is always at 12pt. I want it at a default of 0.

I've tried what works in Indesign and that is to choose the tool without selecting any text and changing it. That doesn't seem to work for the next paragraph nor the next document.1290263828_ScreenShot2019-06-20at10_26_34PM.thumb.jpg.140e816c11a814a506df4afcb2c60a4a.jpg

How can we change these defaults?

Your best approach is probably to use Paragraph Styles to layout your text, and update the relevant Paragraph Styles from the Text Styles studio panel. That may mean updating Body, or it may mean updating Base.

It also seems a bit odd that it's always 12pt. I would have expected it to be affected by the font size you've chosen.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

that's a logical place to start. When it's not obvious I revert back to what I would do in Indesign and that didn't work. I made the change but it seems to only effect the current document and not set as a new document default. I'm still checking. Thanks!

13 hours ago, Bryce said:

that's a logical place to start. When it's not obvious I revert back to what I would do in Indesign and that didn't work. I made the change but it seems to only effect the current document and not set as a new document default. I'm still checking. Thanks!

In the Text Styles panel, hamburger menu, try Save Styles as Default.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1