You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone!

I've been loving the 1.7 update and publisher, tho I've been having a issue when moving between apps, I have a project in Affinity Publisher and I wanted to move it into the (Full version of) Affinity Designer. (I know Publish haves the Designer Persona tho it dose not have the persona within designer such as the Export Persona) I needed to use the Export person to export a slice from the project.

So I went to File > Edit in Designer (this moves the project from Publisher over to Designer (full version (not persona)) I then was able to do what I needed but there seems to move no way to move the project back from Designer to Publisher?

Is there way to move the project back? (same issue from Publisher to Photo)

Thanks for your time,

Andrew.

c14a84770b0aac1bd123b13fbd7e3f16.png            Andrew Salfinger
Made by Campfire - Graphic Designer 

W: www.madebycampfire.com
E: hello@madebycampfire.com
T: https://twitter.com/madebycampfire

For now you have to save the document (in Designer or Photo) the reopen it in Publisher

Hopefully, the option to Edit in Publisher will be added in a future update

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff
5 hours ago, carl123 said:

For now you have to save the document (in Designer or Photo) the reopen it in Publisher

Hopefully, the option to Edit in Publisher will be added in a future update

This is logged to be added in a future update :)

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

15 hours ago, carl123 said:

The way I understand it, the whole .afpub document is sent to Photo or Designer, even though only the current APub spread is accessible in the other two apps. Assuming I'm right about that & it always works that way, there one important thing to be aware of about using 'Edit in' in APub.

That is if there are any unsaved changes on any other APub spread than the one accessible in the other apps, you must save the document in AD or AP or those changes will be lost. So for example, if you do some edits in AP or AD & decide you don't like them, don't just close the document without saving because you will lose the unsaved changes made in the rest of the document.

Instead, use the History panel to undo the AD/AP edits, & then save the document. This should be obvious but if, like me, you sometimes close without saving in AD or AP to avoid having to roll back the history, it can be hard to break that habit.

Note: When I first started testing APub's 'Edit in' feature with the retail release, I was sometimes seeing the page open as a new untitled document in Affinity Photo, but I have not been able to repeat that glitch since.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7