You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Newbie to AD having problems

Overall a good product for the money--though I don't really see the reason for not having at least basic image editing support--but then I guess that is why you have to buy another ap, right? : )

Anyway, 2 things I can't quite figure out and really bug me. The first thing is I can't seem to keep 2 document/projects open at the same time--I painfully found this out when dragging an image across the AD interface and it automatically opened it--and of course the project I had worked on for hours automatically closed with no save--all my work was lost. Very Unhappy about that.

The second thing is the scroll bars do not seem to stay persistent when working on a canvas bigger than the UI--what's up with that?

• Staff

Welcome to the forums.

You can have multiple documents open at the same time, with an existing file open select File > Open or New, a new tab will appear and you can switch between them. If a document is opened but no edits have been made you won't receive a prompt to save when closing.

Scroll bars can be made visible all the time, however this enabled within System Preferences > General > Show scroll bars > Always.

Thanks

when dragging an image across the AD interface and it automatically opened it--and of course the project I had worked on for hours automatically closed with no save--all my work was lost. Very Unhappy about that.

I'm sorry that you lost your work, and I'm confused as to what actually happened. We never close modified documents with no prompt to save; that just shouldn't be possible. I just tried dropping an EPS file onto the Affinity Designer canvas, and it imported the EPS into the existing document, leaving the document open. The EPS went on top, hiding the previous content, but it was all still there. I am wondering whether this happened to you and whether your work is still present in the document behind the file you added. What does the Layer tab show?

If we truly lost you work then that's a major bug. Can you reproduce it and tell us the recipe?