scrutinizer

Of stock databanks only Pexel loads photos

All 3 work fine for me. High Sierra.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) • Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB • macOS High Sierra

Hey scrutinizer, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Can you tell me what locale your Mac is set to and also what kind of search criteria you are typing in? In the early stages of the beta, I found that searching for two words would cause and endless spin but searching for one word was fine.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey scrutinizer, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Can you tell me what locale your Mac is set to and also what kind of search criteria you are typing in? In the early stages of the beta, I found that searching for two words would cause and endless spin but searching for one word was fine.

Mac's locale is Russian, and the words are as simple as "flower", "forest". I run 3 Macs with different macOSes, the one in question is Lion (haven't tested it in Mavericks and High Sierra). The default browser is Chrome 49 from early 2016, still capable of loading like 99% websites; another one is Waterfox 56.2.10. Does Affinity rely on Web-Kit? If yes it would be great to give the user an option to switch browser engines or automatically set Affinity's browsing engine to the default browser. Apple's web-kit compatibility policy is terrible.

Edited by scrutinizer

On 6/20/2019 at 7:28 PM, scrutinizer said:

Meanwhile Pixabay and Unsplash both show the endlessly spinning loading status gear.

I get the same result running 10.8.5.

After booting into the Lion and Mountain Lion I am still unable to reproduce this issue that is affecting you guys. It doesn't seemingly have anything to do with locale or the characters you're using to search with either :(

Investigation is still ongoing...