You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hello guys,

i got a problem with my installation of Affinity Design (free trial).

everytime i install it, i get an failed setup command.(in german Fehler beim setup)

i read something in the forum about i need the newest version of microsoft .NET but i already installed it before and it doesnt work.

pls help me. i want to buy this software in the future 

thx for help.

regards Rumdopf:D

Unbenannt2.PNG.4de5448719e9a7d0c3fb2fbbac50f716.png

What do you mean by "you installed the latest .NET before and it doesn't work"? Do you just mean that it didn't help the Affinity install?

Some suggestions:

1. Reboot, then retry the installation.
  2. If that still fails, right-click on the installer file and choose Run as Administrator.
  3. If that still fails, press and hold the Windows key and then press R. In the run box, type %temp%\affinitysetup and that will display a directory containing the installation logs. Find the one with the latest date/time, and look in it for the Setup.log and SetupUI.log files. One of them should have some relevant error messages.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

What do you mean by "you installed the latest .NET before and it doesn't work"? Do you just mean that it didn't help the Affinity install?

Some suggestions:

1. Reboot, then retry the installation.
  2. If that still fails, right-click on the installer file and choose Run as Administrator.
  3. If that still fails, press and hold the Windows key and then press R. In the run box, type %temp%\affinitysetup and that will display a directory containing the installation logs. Find the one with the latest date/time, and look in it for the Setup.log and SetupUI.log files. One of them should have some relevant error messages.

i already had the newest version of .NET thats what i mean.

and this was in my SetupUI.log

+Requesting operation: SetupUI.InstallOperation
+Switching to page: Operation
+Starting MsiOperation
+Setting result page message: Fehler beim Setup
+Switching to page: Result
+Operation finished
+Main window close requested

mby you know the problem 

Sorry, I don't know the problem yet, but is there anything of interest in the Setup.log file?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• Staff

Hi Rumdopf,

check this location for me:

%temp%/AffinitySetup

To get to that location, call up the Run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R.  Copy and paste the above path into the run box and click okay.  That should open a folder, which should contain at least 1 other folder.  If there are more than one, find the latest one and open the folder, you should see 2 log files, setup.log and setui.log if you can upload those to our Dropbox here, i'll help further :)

On 6/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, stokerg said:

Hi Rumdopf,

check this location for me:

%temp%/AffinitySetup

To get to that location, call up the Run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R.  Copy and paste the above path into the run box and click okay.  That should open a folder, which should contain at least 1 other folder.  If there are more than one, find the latest one and open the folder, you should see 2 log files, setup.log and setui.log if you can upload those to our Dropbox here, i'll help further :)

hey, 

cant upload in this dropbox...dont know why

but i uploaded the setup files to this reply

Setup.log

SetupUI.log

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, learnerman5000 said:

this is enough to get me to not install your program ever and not consider using it ever. being honest about this. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

This "what"? Please describe the symptoms you're having, the OS you're using, the application you're trying to install, and the Store you purchased it from, and someone will try to help you.

(Also, with a description of the symptom, you might check the FAQ to see if a solution is already provided there.)

-- Walt
PC: