You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inside bleed 0, still appears in PDF export

I am using AP 1.9.3 on a Mac, and the problem is apparently still there.  I have a 430+ page paperback book at 6x9 with .125 inch bleed on top, bottom, and outer edges. There are about a half-dozen different master pages.  When I did the export as pages, only pages using some of the master pages exported correctly. For pages using 2 of the master pages, an inner bleed of .125 inch was also exported.  I don't see how it could make any difference, but I also had a pair of .125 inch white rectangle strips on the inner edges of the spread due to the requirements of the commercial printer.  When I changed the colors of the white strips, you could clearly see that both strips were being exported for each page so I knew it was exporting an inner bleed. Also, when looking at the PDF with Adobe Acrobat and rulers turned on, you could clearly see the offending pages were .125 inch wider than the others in the same PDF.

It made no difference whether the export was for a range of pages or the entire document.  Also, closing and restarting the program made no difference. I finally tried deleting the offending master pages and recreating them from scratch, but that did not change the export result.

Lacking any other ideas to try, I went to the document setup where the inner bleed was already set to zero, changed it to a random number, then before saving changed it back to zero and saved it.  That seemed to cure the problem.

9 hours ago, Don Weiss said:

I went to the document setup where the inner bleed was already set to zero, changed it to a random number, then before saving changed it back to zero and saved it.  That seemed to cure the problem.

Good to know, thanks for this detail! – Do you experience the issue with this specific .afpub only – or with any if pages have more than one master applied?

1876351593_Bildschirmfoto2021-05-03um14_16_37.jpg.d8c8d7fb579c94f5bc4808389430f2ac.jpg

Your topic concerns APub v.1.9.3 but was posted in the Pre 1.9. Subforum.  –  Maybe a moderator can move the thread to the current mac bugs forum?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 2 years later...

I have this problem also ... but my problem is that the internal bleed defaults to the other bleeds. I can't set a 0 internal bleed and keep the others at .125. therefore when I print the pdf the internal bleed is messed up. 2 page pdf shown to show bleed issue.

I don't understand why I can't 0 the internal bleed on this file. Previous files have worked. Has there been an update?

Solstice 2023 pages 2-3.pdf

8 hours ago, Joyce Wycoff said:

I don't understand why I can't 0 the internal bleed on this file. Previous files have worked. Has there been an update?

The Bleed settings have a Lock icon that will keep them all the same, if engaged. Do you have the Lock engaged or disengaged in your Bleed Settings for the document?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Walt ... omg! You are a life saver. I was writing you that this didn't work when I decided to look one more time. There is a tiny icon to the right of the bleed settings ... unidentified but when I clicked it, it worked. No where does it say lock but it did the trick. Please do something nice for yourself. I've been worrying with this for weeks and getting ready to redesign everything. joyce