You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem exporting files

Fefo

Hi, using AD 1.7.1 version, when I want to export with any extention in the file name and destination window, I press save and the program freezes and stop responding.

Any idea to solve this please? 

Hello!!!

I am with the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!
My Affinity Designer keeps crashing whenever I try to export a document... whatever document it is, it crashes on the export as soon as I press SAVE...
The window freezes and the program stops answering....
I am with several DEADLINES AND I REALLY NEED TO FINISH MY WORK, THIS IS VERY SERIOUS!!

I have a Mac Pro (early 2009), 2x 2,26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, with 32GB 1066 MHz DDR3 Memory,
A 500 GB MAC SSD Startup Disk, with AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072 MB...

Please, answer us as soon as possible!!!
Thank you

7 hours ago, Fefo said:

It seems that nobody reads this forum. I also sent an email to the company a week ago and they did not answer me yet. Very disappointed...

It is likely that

1. No one in the community has an answer for you; and
  2. Serif has not had time to get to your problem yet.

Posting a new topic in this forum creates a trouble "ticket" in their problem tracking database. Serif handles those tickets in the order they were created, and there have been a lot of problems reported after the recent launch of 1.7 and 1.7.1, so it may take them awhile to get to you, but they will.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Fefo,

Sorry for the delay in responding - we're going as quick as we can! I presume you are using Sierra or High Sierra? There is a known hang that can occur in the Save Dialog when overwriting a an existing file.

This seems to occur a lot more on machines that have 'Show all filename extensions' enabled in Finder Preferences > Advanced. If you have this enabled, could you try disabling it and see if that improves for you please?

Hi, i'm having this same issue. Can't export in any format and can't even print the work. The app crashes and the macbook starts to overheating. 

UPDATE: I figure that for some reason i changed the Colour format (-Document Setup > Color tab ) for RGB/32 (HDR). When changed it back to RGB/8 the app was able to export in any format again.

Hope it Helps.

Edited by mifeje

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry @Sean P but my Finder preferences already have "Show all filename extensions" disabled...
Also tried what @mifeje suggested, but... nothing.. it keeps the same...
I have a Mac Pro Early 2009 with the OS X El Capitan, and every program works just fine. Final Cut Pro X, Motion, Dragonframe, even Affinity Photo, and all the software I own is legal...
So the only problem I'm having is with the Affinity Designer...
And it is a shame that you could fix this in more than one month, because I'm working professionally, with deadlines... I after this job that I have, I will be forced to change software, because I can't rely on your Affinity Designer....

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I got the same issue both Affinity Photo and Designer.

And I may be find problem point on Console Error. I embed document.

crash_affinity_designer.txt

This issue has never save documents while export working these documents.

My system

MacPro 2010, macOS 10.13.6, Unsupport mac GPU AMD W7200 & Affinity Photo and Designer Latest version at 2019/08/18

Thanks Affinity team!!

Edited by zincan
Add description.