You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher folder not showing in iCloud Drive

The Affinity Publisher folder is not visible in the iCloud Drive folder, though oddly I can save a document to said folder. With the document open using the Reveal in Finder menu command reveals the document with the following path: iCloud Drive > Affinity Publisher. Also, the folder is shown with the correct icon and name in its title bar - Affinity Publisher. Yet when navigating back up the folder path (iCloud Drive) is the folder not shown.

I've tried turning off/on iCloud Drive in the iCloud System Preferences. Affinity Publisher is shown in the document list of apps which can store documents in iCloud Drive. And it's checked.

I have installed Publisher on two Macs from the Mac App Store, one which had the beta and the other that did not.

Same Problem :/ 

Cant figure out how to get the folder there to begin with, mine wants to save to Affinity Designer Folder. Tried resyncing Icloud and it shows that there should be a icloud section or folder i think but nothing shows in icloud.

Screenshot 2019-06-23 at 13.28.18.png

Screenshot 2019-06-23 at 13.28.44.png

I too am missing an Affinity Publisher folder on iCloud although I have it turned on in System Preferences.

Designer and Photo both have folders on iCloud, but both of those I bought through the Apple Store. I purchased Publisher from Affinity. 

I tried deleting and reinstalling the program but it did not correct the problem.

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 1.57.02 PM.png

Yep, +1

However, I now have another issue since updating Designer, Photo and installing AP. The folders for Designer and Photo both have a blue Designer symbol now and if I turn Photo in iCloud off it'll take both, Designer and Photo away.:42_confused: While if I only turn off Designer It only takes Designer away... 

So:

• Designer, Photo, and Publisher ticked: Designer and Photo folders can be seen only. Both are carrying the blue Designer branding
  • Publisher unticked: no change at all
  • Designer unticked: Designer folder disappears and Photo folder remains, however with blue designer branding on it
  • All unticked: No folder shows
  • Only Photo ticked: Designer and Photo appear, but again, both carrying the designer branding.
  • Deactivate iCloud-drive and reactivate: Designer and Photo with correct branding, however, Publisher still not there. When reopening iCloud drive, both folders are carrying Designer branding again.

I'll see if I can take some screenshots later. Don't have the MacBook with me at the moment and my work mac has it's iCloud drive MDM disabled :34_rolling_eyes:

Cheers

Edit: As promised, some screenshots are now attached. Thx

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 23.24.44.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 23.25.20.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 23.25.37.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 23.26.00.png

Edited by JMS
Added screenshots

I've tweeted and email Affinity but have yet to hear a response, which is quite unlike them.

This is somewhat of a problematic issue to save a file into a folder one cannot see - I know it's saved in the Mobile Documents folder, but not being able to see it doesn't fill me with confidence the file won't disappear.

On one of my Mac last night the Finder froze, unrelated to Publisher. Only way to relaunch it was to do a hard restart. Once back in the Publisher folder suddenly appeared in my iCloud Drive folder. With the correct icon no less.

However no such luck on any other device (Mac & iOS)

377585050_Screenshot2019-06-25at10_28_10pm.png.6c54618014b50496532acc0fbe9a8b11.png

• Staff

Hi,

On my Mac all apps are populated when clicking the options part of iCloud and setting it up, however I have noticed when saving that the dialog isn't auto populated with a Publisher save location in iCloud, unlike Photo and Designer, so this could be related. I've logged this.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello.

I have a similar problem. I just came back to office after working from home about two months, install new updates for macOS and also for all Affinity apps. Then my Publisher can not acces my documents in iCloud. I tried to figure out why, search the whole internet, whole affinity forum, find some treads, bot nothing was working for me. I am hopeless and angry because insted of working on a new large-size banners we need to print today I spend a half of my day by figuring out what is happening.

On my iMac the Publisher offers me to access Affinity Publisher Beta folder (I own publisher since the beginning) but in my iCloud Library this folder is missing and cannot be found by any Finder paths. On the other hand, on my MacBook, Publisher offers me to access Affinity Publisher folder (open context menu), where all of my documents are stored. In my MacBook the Publisher Beta folder is nowhere to be found and vice versa and my data does not sync even if I tagged it, it looks like that the directory for this folders are not in the iCloud anymore...

I tried to reinstall the app, sign off the iCloud, turn the Publisher iCloud Drive off.

Photo and Designer works great and I never experience such problem, but with Publisher I always can't acces the folder throught iCloud Drive, only from the app open window.

My devices:
iMac 27"—macOS Big Sur 11.2.3—Affinity Publisher 1.9.2
MacBook Pro 16"— macOS Big Sur 11.2.3—Affinity Publisher 1.9.2

Thanks for all responses.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...