You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

pdf export super slow 1.7

Exporting to pdf is very slow and takes up all my cpu. Same issue in publisher, photo and designer.
files are about  1x1 meter. Background pixel layer at 300dpi and one cutfile vector layer.
Takes more than 10 minutes to export one file and my cpu is running at 97 - 99.9% all of the time.

i7-8700K @ 3.7GHz
32GB RAM

1070 gtx gpu

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

Here is a google drive link to a pdf file that took about 10 min to export as pdf. No live filters were added. Everything was rasterized except the shape for cutting.

About 12 of those files. About 2 files seemed to export very fast, but I do not notice a difference between those few who exported fast and most who took ages... 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oD377Vn5WMKCZ27KbuZu5xCftlK_AtvJ/view?usp=drivesdk

• Staff

Hi 3n41y,

Test this on my Windows PC, which nowhere near as good as the spec of your PC and it went out in a few second.  Same on my iMac as well.

Can you see this post: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/58832-cant-export-to-pdf/&tab=comments#comment-302727

Install the PDF logging registry file and upload the log file here, that may help us see why it's taking so long for you.