You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to Inner stretch to shrink image?

I don't know how to call it, it is very special , It is possible in Affinity Designer or Photo resize image like in pictures? From Original in to Stretch. As you see, size of image is same, only inner content is changed from shrink to stretch. If it is not possible in Affinity, is there some program which can do that?

The behaviour can be described as cca half size (down area) of Original image is shrinked down in to Stretch image and upper half size of image from Original is stretched in to cca 80% in to Stretch image. I think it is non linear stretch it is based on audio manipulation.

Btw. those pictures are form audio plugin where you can see audio in Hz (Original) or in Oct (Stretch). (octaves probably). It is analyzed audio.

Original.JPG

Stretch.JPG

You are asking if we can do a Log to linear scale? Maybe with the Equations filter.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 hours ago, Drevo said:

I hope pictures are selfexplanatory. unfortunately I don't know if it is log to linear scale.

Is Equation filter inside Desginer too?

Designer no.

"I hope pictures are self-explanatory." Looks like bird song.

Seriously now; I would need to know the bottom and top frequencies represented and some other stuff too but to be honest I don't have the time to restart my math chops, perhaps someone younger with more current use of the maths part of their brain could be of help.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Yes, audio is birds sing. :)

Ok, perhaps ask devs from audio plugin will be better idea as trying guess. But it take same time (it is not my num. one priority and dont have much time), after I get answer I write it here.