You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyperlinks Made on Master Pages Don't Export Correctly

Dear Affinity Staff,

I need to create page-type hyperlinks on the master page. Once I create them, I can see the hyperlinks on the "hyperlinks studio" but once I export to PDF (yes with the hyperlinks option checked), the links do not work correctly. Some work and some don't. Even more frustrating, the ones that work or not work, keep changing on every export. 

I've had this problem for months, on multiple files and on all Publisher versions I've tested. It is the only reason I still pay for InDesign! Please provide me with a link so that I can share the editable file with you. 

My process to create the hyperlinks is:

I make a shape with Rectangle tool, then: Text > Interactive > Insert Hyperlink > Select the page number

I'm attaching the exported PDF, I use a red tint to make the rectangles visible. In this example, I made 8 rectangles/hyperlinks and on this particular PDF,  3 work and 5 don't.

I am on Mac 10.14.5 and currently on Affinity 1.7.1

Thanks!

HoboCousin-MidYear-19-20-Monday.pdf

Screenshot 2019-06-20 at 17.49.56.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

From investigating that file there seems to be an issue with hyperlinks failing to export if an object is clipping outside of the page bounds (with a couple of nuances to this), you'll notice the ones failing to export are placed at -0.8px on the left, and the one failing on the right is at 0px on Y, by moving this down 1px, and moving the left rectangles in so they are at 0px I was able to get them all to export. For now it is probably best to not clip outside the page bounds when placing objects you intend to hyperlink, but this bug has been logged. Thanks for reporting it

On 7/3/2019 at 11:32 AM, GabrielM said:

From investigating that file there seems to be an issue with hyperlinks failing to export if an object is clipping outside of the page bounds (with a couple of nuances to this), you'll notice the ones failing to export are placed at -0.8px on the left, and the one failing on the right is at 0px on Y, by moving this down 1px, and moving the left rectangles in so they are at 0px I was able to get them all to export. For now it is probably best to not clip outside the page bounds when placing objects you intend to hyperlink, but this bug has been logged. Thanks for reporting it

Wow I'm glad you found the trigger! I will try doing the rectangles this way. Thank you!