You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

IS THE NEW AFFINITY PUBLISHER A REPLACEMENT FOR PAGE PLUS?

Hi all, I am in love with my PagePlus program, have been using forever. Now that it's retired, I'm wondering if any PagePlus users can comment on this new program. Is there a steep learning curve? I must admit I did download Affinity Beta and couldn't make heads or tails out of it. I have heard that you can't import any of your old Page Plus files, either, is this true?? Which means I'll have to start from scratch! thanks in advance.

You are correct, you cannot import or open any of your PagePlus files directly into Publisher. You can make a PDF from your PagePlus documents and then import them into Publisher.

If you master PagePlus, you can also learn Publisher. There are many good tutorials to start with. It is better to switch to the Affinity range than staying with the retired Plus range. There comes the point in time that something will be broken and the Plus range becomes useless.

I did not regret that I changed to the Affinity range from point zero. I never looked back to any of the applications from the Plus range.

Starting over from scratch again, can also have its advantages. You can customise yourself with Affinity and maybe can improve some of your techniques and methods.

Chris

I'm not an expert on working with layout software by any means, and it's a while since I participated in the beta testing. However, having spent just a short time today exploring the software and following the online tutorials, I am finding it easy to switch from working in Page Plus to working with Publisher. It isn't like learning from scratch at all, you will find your previous knowledge useful as you learn the new Software.

I made the switch from the Plus range to Affinity Photo and Designer some time ago and have found these to be easier to use than the Plus range, much more intuitive, and give me better results.