You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

It looks like when I try to replace a master page by dragging the new one on top of the page that still has an old one, the master is not replaced. Instead, it contains the information from both masters (and it's a pain to have to manually remove a master from each one).

Super thankful for Publisher so far though!

The only way I can get what you are describing is by using the right click on a page and choosing Apply Master then unchecking the Replace Existing checkbox near the bottom of the dialog. Are you using Double Page Spreads and Masters? because when I drag a master onto one page of a two page spread the page will show both masters in the layers studio but in fact the left and right have the different masters.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

It's quite easy to do. Yes, dragging just adds a master (and I like that as a quick way).
To apply a master to more than 1 page AND removing others optionally you better use the option window "Apply Master":

1. in pages panel right-click on the master icon

34862767_masterapply1.jpg.7c8e2539e921d9860bf6c54e6360c992.jpg

2. make your choice(s) (you even may type "–" to set a pages region)

970588867_masterapply2.jpg.cb999ad63b8c149df30204035d7b7a72.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On Windows the behaviour is precisely the opposite of what you describe…

If I drag a Master onto a Page in the Pages panel, any existing Master is replaced by the new one.

If I hold the Ctrl key as I drag the new Master is added to the existing Master.

The mouse pointer changes to reflect this difference (an arrow in the first instance, and a plus in the second).

Very odd if it is different on Mac.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro