You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo file placed in Publisher causes PDF rasterisation

• Staff

@Mike Sargent

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

It sounds like a bug, so I moved your post, thank you. (we are a little busy at the moment but) we will investigate soon and come back to this thread to report.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi @Mike Sargent,

I can't seem to reproduce this behaviour, to clarify are you referring to text that is inside the afphoto file, not the publisher document itself? I've added both and exported to PDF X-3a on default settings and the text wasn't rasterised.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon

Thanks for the reply, I was just copying a magazine layout as an exercise for laying out tables etc. The linked Affinity Photo files did not have text within them, however,  it may be my misconstruing what was happening when the affinity file was replaced with another file format. as you can see from the attached files, the pdf has rasterised some tables and not others, now I'm not sure if it is my error or a bug.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Rasterised PDF Files.zip