You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lens Profiles Not Opening as in Video

In the Video 'Lens Corrections Enhancements', James at 1:55 shows how to get to a new lens correction after downling from github, however mine is not opening the same window at 2:09-2:13.

What my windows desktop does is merely open a File Explorer window titled 'Lens Profile' but rather than showing any lens profiles, it only highlights under the This PC tree, the 'Local Disk' which when I click it then opens a series of file folders, 'Programs Data' which is highlighted. Double click that file folder and select 'Affinity' where I see three choices of file folders, Common, Photo and Publisher.

Double click Photos reveals 1.0, double click that reveals Lens Profiles, which reveals "The folder is empty"

I suspect that when I last updated Windows 10 v1809 the Lens Profiles were not updated.

Any thoughts?

Light, Subject, Focus, DOF, Background, Edit, Learn

59ef645ca6e4e_IMG_7558LightBeneathFAAcopy300x100.jpg.d53988f0690ebe508047421cdc137023.jpg

• Staff

Hi RCPhotos_FineArtAmerica :)

The empty folder that the app opens 'Lens Profile' is the correct folder, these are for additional lens profiles only and will not show any of the in-built app files.

You shouldn't need to navigate anywhere else after pressing 'Open' in Affinity, simply copy the Lens correction profiles here as the tutorial shows, many thanks!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 6/23/2019 at 9:13 AM, Dan C said:

Hi RCPhotos_FineArtAmerica :)

The empty folder that the app opens 'Lens Profile' is the correct folder, these are for additional lens profiles only and will not show any of the in-built app files.

You shouldn't need to navigate anywhere else after pressing 'Open' in Affinity, simply copy the Lens correction profiles here as the tutorial shows, many thanks!

I will try again, thanks

Light, Subject, Focus, DOF, Background, Edit, Learn

59ef645ca6e4e_IMG_7558LightBeneathFAAcopy300x100.jpg.d53988f0690ebe508047421cdc137023.jpg