You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher, Studio Link does not recognise Affinity Photo

Hello,

I am the owner of both, Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer purchased via the Apple App Store. Have as well preordered Publisher and downloaded it upon release. I was very excited about Studio Link and on try, Publisher linked to Designer but is refusing to link to Photo, stating the App is not installed and asking me to buy it via the web. Please see the message attached to the post. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Whenever I try to link Photo, all apps are launched and active (I suppose registered as well as have been purchased via App Store?)

Thanks

Screenshot 2019-06-20 at 16.33.58.png

Are you sure your Affinity Photo is up to date? It must be the 1.7.1 retail version.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hello. I have the same problem.

All apps are 1.71 / Mac Pro High Sierra 10.13.6.

Publisher from your Store, the other two from the App Store.

Can I relink manually? Already restarted without effect.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Windows 10. Have purchased Affinity photo, designer, and publisher, all opening and working and their exe in the same folder. (This last was a change recommended above that did not change things.)

However, Affinity Publisher says Affinity Photo is not installed, and I must/should buy.

All are 1.71.404.

What to do??

Thanks,

Bill Bane

4 hours ago, bill.bane said:

Windows 10. Have purchased Affinity photo, designer, and publisher, all opening and working and their exe in the same folder. (This last was a change recommended above that did not change things.)

However, Affinity Publisher says Affinity Photo is not installed, and I must/should buy.

All are 1.71.404.

What to do??

Thanks,

Bill Bane

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Bill.

You've posted in a Mac-related forum and topic, and the suggestion about putting the applications in the same folder (really, in the Mac Applications folder where they go by default) was a Mac-specific suggestion.

I would start by looking in the Windows forums, not the Mac forums, if you're a Windows user :)   Here's the Publisher Bugs forum for Windows.

And next, I suggest reinstalling the Windows applications in their default locations. Putting them all in the same folder on Windows is likely to cause other problems.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

All my Apps are in the Mac Application folder. Designer and Photo are both at version 1.7.1
Both are currently active.

but yet the StudioLink is not recognizing the apps... Note I updated Publisher today to 1.7.2 (though did not try the linking prior).

Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity PublisherScreenSnapz001.jpg

17 minutes ago, Burndog said:

Note I updated Publisher today to 1.7.2

With Publisher 1.7.2 installed you need to have Photo 1.7.2 and Designer 1.7.2, also.

-- Walt
PC:

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

With Publisher 1.7.2 installed you need to have Photo 1.7.2 and Designer 1.7.2, also.

Great... But I am not seeing their updates available in the Apple Store. I bought both (Designer and Photo) via the Store (App Store) and Publisher via the website after Beta testing.

App StoreScreenSnapz001.jpg

Affinity PublisherScreenSnapz002.jpg

2 minutes ago, Burndog said:

But I am not seeing their updates available in the Apple Store.

You might look at the information near the bottom of the first post in this thread (Designer) and this thread (Photo).

-- Walt
PC:

• 4 weeks later...

I have followed this topic and have checked out my versions. I have version(s) 1.7.2 of Designer and Photo from the App store and Publisher ver 1.7.2 from the Serif site store. All of the apps were updated at different times. Photo and Designer updated together and Publisher was updated at a later time.

Publisher is the only app that seems to allow me to link to Photo and Designer. Where as Photo and Designer don't show the other apps like Publisher does.

Is this the expected behaviour or is there something else that needs to change?

3 hours ago, Danod53 said:

Publisher is the only app that seems to allow me to link to Photo and Designer. Where as Photo and Designer don't show the other apps like Publisher does.

Is this the expected behaviour or is there something else that needs to change?

StudioLink is a feature of Publisher, not of the other applications. So that is expected.

-- Walt
PC:

7 minutes ago, Danod53 said:

Thanks for the reply. Wonder why!

Because Serif decides the functions provided by the various applications, and they have decided that Publisher needs to have access to the Designer and Photo Personas, but the other applications don't.

Within Photo you do have File > Edit in Designer, and in Designer you have File > Edit in Photo, but you can't simply switch Personas as you can in Publisher.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 year later...