As i have the latest edition of Affinity photo , i was wondering as to when there will be a programme to edit video ??

Thanks !!

9 minutes ago, Niphotos said:

As i have the latest edition of Affinity photo , i was wondering as to when there will be a programme to edit video ??

Thanks !!

Hello @Niphotos,

this is a question that was asked several times before. One of the answers of one of the representatives of Serif is here:

In other words, you cannot expect it.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.458)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

54 minutes ago, Niphotos said:

I can still remember a time when I realized that Adobe was starting to produce more and more (more or less useful) software. This was the time when I started to get restless.
It looks like my worst fears about Adobe have come true!

I hope you know what I'm trying to say with that ...

My Specs:
- Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
- Monitor: SyncMaster F2380 (resolution 1920x1080)
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (1803) / 64 bit

They're focusing on updating the trilogy software now and maybe adding a DAM software like Lightroom. Video editing is not on their list, at least for the next 2-3 years.

You can always use Davinci Resolve/Hitfilm Express, they're free and professional software.

There is so many videoeditor programs in world and it is so different program that need lots of work so I don't expect Serif do that soon.

I like that Serif now get Publisher real alternative to InDesign and add it more features future. DAM software and maybe Photo/Designer/Publisher to Linux or Android could be better idea than videoeditor program. 

I use Resolve and I like that same program have Fusion and Fairlight inside Program than Publisher now have Photo and Designer. Of course it could be nice that Serif and Blackmagic would make something co-operations to help workflow.