You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Product keys from Apple App Store

I have purchased Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo from the Apple App Store and the Affinity Publisher directly form the Affinity webstore. When downloaded the Publisher from Affinity webstore I can not see the Product keys for the products downloaded form Apple App Store (Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo). 
How can I add my Product keys to the Affinity store? Or the Publisher key to the Apple App Store?

Thanks,
Vlad

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Vlad. :)

The Mac App Store (MAS) is run by Apple and the Affinity Store is run by Serif. Apple and Serif (quite rightly!) don’t share individual customer data, so there’s no way to transfer a licence from one account to the other.

MAS purchases are tied to your Apple ID, so there are no product keys.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It would be great if you could use your licence key to swap to the Mac App Store version but somehow I don't think that's possible (I have swapped from an App Store to downloadble product in the past, can't remember which app it was - possibly Fantastical but don't hold me to that - I had to prove I bought the app though).

I like being able to download all my apps when I get a new laptop (doesn't happen much these days!) or if something corrupts and I need to reinstall my OS again (I'm looking at you, Mohave…) but, to be honest, the price is so low and I expect to get so much use from Publisher, I'm actually quite happy to buy it twice. :)

I have three Macs - a MacBook Pro for when I'm out and about, an iMac in my office and a Mac Mini at home, all of which I've installed Publisher on without any problems;

I believe this is okay since there's only me using them (if only I was so productive I could work on all three at once!); however if there were three different people using them then that would be certainly a breach of the T&C's.

Again, I think Publisher (in fact the whole suite) is so competitively priced that I'd have no issue buying several copies if I had any employees - I remember when the only choice was QuarkXpress which was unbelievably expensive and then Adobe came along with the Creative suite, but that cost around (if I recall) over £800. And I thought it was a bargain!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if I could invest in Affinity/Serif I would.

This is a serious game changer.

• 2 years later...
47 minutes ago, Tyrendel said:

Sorry for reopening the subject, I bought Affinity Photo on Mac App Store, now that I have a windows laptop does it mean I have to buy it again?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

It doesn't matter where you purchased for this situation. The applications are licensed based on the OS you intend to use them on. Use on any version of macOS requires a Mac license for the program, and use on Windows requires a Windows license for the program. So that's always two purchases for an individual using the products.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1