You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

LINKED IMAGE DOES NOT UPDATE

I have linked an image in my  document.

I close the publisher file.

I edit and change the original linked image.

I open again the publisher document.

The image does not update automatically.

I must go to  Resource manager and manually click in "UpDATE" 

I have checked the "Automatically update linked resources when modified externally" option in Prefences panel.

What is wrong?

Jokinb

• Staff

Hi Jokinb,

This should work as you expect if you leave the file open.

If you close the file we aren't actively monitoring it anymore, so can't auto update it. It should show as modified when you next enter the resource manager as it seems to have done, for you to update it manually.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 1 month later...

Did you figure out how to refresh/update your images? I'm having the same problem. Publisher doesn't see the images as being updated, so I can't "Update" it in the resource manager. This is causing my images to not export/print and appear pixalated in the document.

• Staff

Jim if you re-link the images it should "update" them, but if they are out of date the program should be realising and showing the Status as "Modified" in resource manager and the Update button should be available.

Are these images definitely linked? If so are they just linked to a local drive? Any information you can provide that might help me reproduce the resource manager reporting an incorrect state?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com