You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher keeps crashing

I downloaded and installed Affinity Publisher today and I have been having a play with it to see how much it can do. It has crashed on me four times now. 

I am running MacOS High Serra 10.13.6.

I have crash logs if required.

~allyann

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Jon P said:

@Digital Mirror From another thread I see you are having issues with it crashing opening a certain file? My colleague has responded, but if you'd also like to upload this file here we can see if it crashes for us here

THANK YOU. I am a bit hesitant to share the file because it is sorta my whole life's work and it has information that I do not want replicated before I release it. It is probably about 100 pages and is 1.4 gb or so. I am not sure what caused it to suddenly stop working, but now it will show up for a split second when loading it, then crash. Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...

PHOTO AND PUBLISHER 1.7.3 CONSTANTLY CRASH. IM ON A NEWER IMAC RUNNING CATALINA 10.15.1 W/8GB RAM. THE FILES IM WORKING ON ARE SMALL AND THE PUBLISHER DOC IS A SIMPLE 3 PAGE DOC. PHOTO CRASHES WHEN I TRY TO COPY AND PASTE LAYERS FROM ONE FILE TO ANOTHER, A TASK THAT WORKED FINE IN PREVIOUS VERSION OF PHOTO ON SAME IMAC, AS FOR PUBLISHER ALL I WAS DOING WAS SOME SIMPLE TEXT EDITING. 

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2019 at 10:38 AM, Jon P said:

If you can both upload your files here I'll take a look.

Thanks

Hi sorry been away and didn't see you request to upload files. Just uploaded one, its a simple 3 page Publisher file with text. Crashes whenever I try to save it. Im running 2017 iMac running OS 10.15.2 Catalina. Thanks

• Staff

Hi Mike,

You've hit a bug which should be fixed in beta, It's quite a small file and would take us some time to recover so if it's possible to just re-create this file it's probably the quickest way forward.

If you could work from the current beta when doing this you shouldn't encounter this again, if you do please let me know.

The current beta can be found here

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone.
I think I was able to solve the update 1.8 crash problem.

Try this:

1 - open the publisher
2 - create a new file
3 - write it down
4 - open it again
5 - close it
6 - now try to open your files saved in the previous version

It worked for me. Files are opening.
Good luck :)