You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import scanned document from printer

I have just installed Affinity Photo but find no icon to import from a printer scan. Having used various versions of PhotoPlus to do this very successfully I am baffled by the apparent lack of such a facility on Affinity Photo, or have I missed something? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Mike777

Are you using Mac or Windows? Apparently Windows doesn't scan inside Affinity products.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Old Bruce,

Thanks for your response. In this case I'm using a Dell Windows 10 PC. Seems I've bought a pup as the only thing I wanted it for was the function I described. Seems I shall have to use my iPad and taken a photo of the documents and email them. Ah well, we live and learn. Good luck.

I highligted this omission sometime ago when testing the beta version. I use Windows 10 and have a Canon all in one printer MG7750 

I had hoped there would be an import from scanner facility similar to your Page Plus,Photo Plus, Drawplus and webplus series!

After watching your launch last night I downloaded  Publisher  and could not find the ' import from scanner tool'. This a vital  utility  I use it to scan documents, photos etc 

It seems that I am going to have to continue using Page Plus 9 until an upgrade is launched. Or hopefully, in my haste I might have missed  something and if so please please let me know where to find the tool. The launch was terrific and enticed me to buy other products.

Kind regards

Brian 

@bakdoc @Mike777

If you do a search in the forum you will find a number of posts similar to yours, about scanner support in the Affinity suite of products.  As I understand it, because Affinity is 64 bit only and there is an almost complete lack in Windows itself of suitable 64 bit scanner drivers, it is just not possible for Affinity to include such a facility.

The usual advice is to use the software supplied with your scanner to create the scans (in a suitable format) and then open them in the Affinity product of your choice.  That is certainly what I do.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.