You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

We have just installed Publisher on our Mac. But Studio Link is sadly not working.

I tried all the "fixes" i found in this forum allready, but it still doesn't work.

• I tried to close and reopen all 3 programms in many different orders.
  • I reinstalled all of them
  • i updated to the latest 1.7.1 Versions off all of the Apps
  • I Checked the firewall options

Is there like a config file on mac, where you can specify the path of Photo and Designer?

Thanks in advance

• Staff
Just now, Golokios said:

Hi, Yes they are :)

Please could you make sure you have re opened the apps after you reinstalled them then close the apps and open Publisher and try the studio link?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

47 minutes ago, Callum said:

Please could you make sure you have re opened the apps after you reinstalled them then close the apps and open Publisher and try the studio link?

I had the same issue but this fixed it for me. I was worried it wouldn't work because I had bought from the Mac Store instead of on the website but it's fixed. Thanks

2 minutes ago, nikiniki9doors said:
50 minutes ago, Callum said:

I had the same issue but this fixed it for me. I was worried it wouldn't work because I had bought from the Mac Store instead of on the website but it's fixed. Thanks

I dont know what to do anymore. Nothing seems to work for me

• Staff
Just now, Golokios said:

I dont know what to do anymore. Nothing seems to work for me

Please bear with me while I look into this further :)

• Staff
24 minutes ago, SkemGraham said:

Having same problem - Do I really need to reinstall all three programs???

Which operating system do you have the apps installed on?

3 hours ago, Callum said:

Which operating system do you have the apps installed on?

Sorry for delay - busy busy! Just updated Designer which now works in Publisher - Photo still refusing.

On old system! -  iMac Mid 20108Gb memory - High Sierra 10.13.6

I purchased Affinity Photo last year (thru the Apple Store) and recently updated to 1.7.1. Downloaded Publisher from the Affinity Store yesterday (June 19). Then purchased Designer from the Apple Store as well.

Launched Publisher and noticed that Studio Link would work for Designer, but not Photo (message says I need to install the program).

I found a simple fix. Launch all three programs separately from the icon (I'm on a Mac Pro), then check to see that Studio link is operating properly.

Close everything and relaunch Publisher only. Studio link should now communicate with the other personas.

No re-installing of programs or esoteric terminal mode shenanigans required.

Hope this works for you.

• Staff

@RetroMan

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

thanks for sharing your experiences and let's hope everyone is sorted using these solutions soon.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 hours ago, SkemGraham said:

Sorry for delay - busy busy! Just updated Designer which now works in Publisher - Photo still refusing.

On old system! -  iMac Mid 20108Gb memory - High Sierra 10.13.6

Went to App store and found that I could update photo from there (a bit different as no reminder as for Designer) everything working fine now

• Staff

@sergio.1974

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

First thing to check is that the Mac App Store builds have both

1) updated to 10701.404.0.0 un the Downloads and updates list (this is the MAS internal build number for 1.7.1.404)

2) that you have run both Designer and Photo at least once since updating them

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1. Uninstall all the programs and restart your computer.
  2. Visit the affinity website and download the trails for all the three program. (Don't use previous *.exe to reinstall)
  3. You must end up with version No 1.7.1.404 on all programs. install them with your key.
  4. Start both Photo and Designer once and keep it open.
  5. Now open Publisher and click on the Photo and Designer buttons. Might take a few seconds but will get linked.
  6. If, on opening Photo and Designer, you are asked to update, then no problems. Steps 1-5 won't be needed anyways.

Hello everyone. I'm struggling with the same issue. All programs purchased at the same time and installed at the same time. I've tried the mentioned fixes, restarted the system multiple times (in between, before, after installation), reinstalled from freshly downloaded files, then followed this procedure:

21 hours ago, Evodes said:
  1. Uninstall all the programs and restart your computer.
  2. Visit the affinity website and download the trails for all the three program. (Don't use previous *.exe to reinstall)
  3. You must end up with version No 1.7.1.404 on all programs. install them with your key.
  4. Start both Photo and Designer once and keep it open.
  5. Now open Publisher and click on the Photo and Designer buttons. Might take a few seconds but will get linked.
  6. If, on opening Photo and Designer, you are asked to update, then no problems. Steps 1-5 won't be needed anyways.

all without success. I'm beginning to think that maybe my issue is that i'm working on a workstation? I'll attach the specs. Is there hope for me?

Thank you.

JSR*

DxDiag.txt

Windows 10 user here. I have Designer and Photo, latest versions. I cannot see the studio link icons. Only the persona from the same application. 

They are installed in the same c:/program files/Affinity folder. Version 1.7.1.404 . I would love to have this seamless feature.

Edited by jkrah