You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dynamic guides disappear

I am using a MacBook Pro Mojave, with a 2.2 Intel Core i7 CPU, 32 GB RAM and Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB GPU.

There is a little, but annoying thing that happens in Designer 1.7. The Dynamic suddenly disappear (with snapping on) and I am left with no tool to help me align thing precisely. I am not sure if this is a bug or if I am turning the dynamic guides off by mistake, but I can't seem to be able to control their behavior. Turning the snapping on and off is not helping. In Illustrator there is the "smart guides" tick which I know where to find. Is there something similar in Designer?

So, does this happen to anyone else?

Hello Ana-Irina, and welcome to the forum.

I am not aware of any issue with the snapping options.

Could you post a screenshot of your snapping panel so we can see what options should be active?

Also are you aware that there are additional snapping options on the context toolbar of the Node and Pen tools?

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro