You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Watching the Affinity Live Event (split)

I too can't seem to download/watch the stream video.  I just get the blank grey box on that Keynote page.  I don't seem to have any security stuff blocking it.

When the stream WAS actually live, earlier today, I could hear it, but not see anything.  Now, I can't even hear anything... if it's even playing.

Is it going to be available elsewhere to view?

7 minutes ago, ladlon said:

I too can't seem to get download/watch the stream.  I just get the blank grey box on that Keynote page.  I don't seem to have any security stuff blocking it.

When the stream WAS actually live, earlier today, I could hear it, but not see anything.  Now, I can't even hear anything... if it's even playing.

Is it going to be available elsewhere to view?

I'm able to watch the video as linked on the Affinity home page.  The volume does build slowly, skip to 3:30 to bypass all that and start the actual presentation.

Hi, Michael.  I don't have any controls on the screen.  The full Keynote page is there, but the video area is just a dark grey square (as it was when I was 'watching' it live).

I've been having trouble with some embedded videos lately.  I think sometimes it's a Flash thing.... sometimes, perhaps a script being blocked (although I don't appear to be blocking anything on Affinity)...  Not sure what is up with this.  I wish they'd just slap it on YouTube.

1 hour ago, Michael Andreas said:

@ladlon: Sometimes I have to shutdown and restart my browser when things slow down.  Try that, and if it doesn't work reboot the whole machine.

I still can't view/download the keynote.  I refreshed the screen, restarted the browser, and even rebooted the computer.  Just isn't working...

• Staff

@ladlon, there are a few reports of this I will see if it can be uploaded to our YouTube channel 

It is now on our Vimeo channel  here  https://vimeo.com/343292533

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon