Hi,

Sorry if this has been already asked. For printing, cmyk is the rule in APub, fine. Now that there is this studio link, I can imagine placing APh and AD files directly in tthe APub file but I am used first to setup my documents in RGB... well, I am a bit confused. Is the RGB/CMYK conversion going to happen during pdf export ?

Thanks.

P.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Hi, I have been in the printing industry for many years, and my experience is that it is best to convert your photos and other material to CMYK for use in your APub file. This is because the printed colour results can sometimes be a little unpredictable. I usually make a copy of everything I convert so I have both colour formats on hand for future use. Converting it yourself before placing in the document will give you a better idea of any problems with colour.

2 minutes ago, jumburt said:

Hi, I have been in the printing industry for many years, and my experience is that it is best to convert your photos and other material to CMYK for use in your APub file. This is because the printed colour results can sometimes be a little unpredictable. I usually make a copy of everything I convert so I have both colour formats on hand for future use. Converting it yourself before placing in the document will give you a better idea of any problems with colour.

@jumburt Thank you, nice to have pro around :). It is what I've always done so far, and I export the files in the requested colour format before placing them in the final document (idd, and now APub). 

I have another question then : since my photos and vectors will be in the ad hoc colour format, can I export from APub without again applying a conversion to the aphoto and adesigner files ?

Thanks again,

P.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Hi Pattou.

That's right - as long as you export your APub file to 'PDF for print', you should be fine. For example, if you've converted all your graphic/photo elements already before placing them in the document, all should be well. :)

@jumburt Thank you again :)