You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just bought Publisher, and it does look great for optimizing my workflow, but I still have a few questions about StudioLink: Is there a way to have the same saved interface in Designer and Designer for Publisher for example? With the same Assets in the Assets panels, the same Brushes in the Brushes panels, and so on?

3 minutes ago, Glyphs said:

I just bought Publisher, and it does look great for optimizing my workflow, but I still have a few questions about StudioLink: Is there a way to have the same saved interface in Designer and Designer for Publisher for example? With the same Assets in the Assets panels, the same Brushes in the Brushes panels, and so on?

Hi Glyphs, you need to export them from Designer and import them in Publisher, there is no automatic way, I have done this and they all work fine.

1 hour ago, RowdyMonkey said:

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I am just asking whether the full toolset of each app is available via StudioLink, when someone owns all three products, or whether it's just a subset of each app's tools.

For now it is only the main set that is available, there is no direct access to the Liquify persona, hopefully this will come at a later date. There is no round trip function yet either like there is between designer & Photo.

1 minute ago, RowdyMonkey said:

Thank you for confirming that @Murfee :)

I highly recommend that you get Publisher, even without direct access to Liquify or Tone Mapping it is pretty groundbreaking stuff to have direct editing capabilities within a DTP app, all edits to images are kept within publisher so your source files stay safe.

It's very, very rare that I do any print work (and I have a Quark license for those rare times) so I likely won't be purchasing at the moment.  Definitely interested in the idea of StudioLink though, and will keep an eye on how it progresses with the other two apps, which I already own.