You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

font update after using Adobe Illustrator

I was using Illustrator and using 2 fonts, Myriad and Book Antiqua. When I got through I opened AP and found a little box about the font cache being updated, with fonts being installed or removed. I looked for the fonts I had been using in Illustrator, and Myriad doesn't show up in AP (Book Antiqua does).

This confuses me because I just assumed that AP (like every other program I've ever used) would just use whatever fonts I had on the pc. So I have two questions. Why is AP "updating the font cache" just because I used fonts in another program? And why would it remove one of them?

Edit: Are there any videos about using text in AP? I couldn't find any in either the new videos or the legacy group. The "help" link from AP doesn't have much there either. My text needs are pretty basic but I thought it was curious that I couldn't find much of anything in the way of help.

AP 1.7.0.367, Windows 8-64 Pro.

Clipboard02.jpg.5d5781c1bde660d1bb068903677b921a.jpg

I just found out there's a ver 1.7.1 and downloaded it. It does not pop up the "updating font cache" window after using Illustrator, but I'm still puzzled about why AP doesn't show all the fonts I have on my pc. (And is it removing them from its list after I use Illustrator?)