I have Designer and Photo (pc) and I'm all updated to 1.7.1 for both, but I don't see anything about StudioLink. A few questions:

1. Do I have to buy Publisher to use StudioLink?
  2. If so, is it at least compatible between Designer/Photo, or can it only be used within Publisher? 

Thanks for helping clear it up

Spencer

1. Yes

2. At present StudioLink only functions within Publisher. Though you don't actually have to use any Publisher specific features.

It may be extended to Designer / Photo in the future - who knows?

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

Too bad. I hope StudioLink supports photo and designer without publisher at some point.

I'd even accept needing all 3 to use it, even if you never used publisher. Publisher looks awesome but I never do print work so its hard to justify

7 hours ago, junovhs said:

Publisher looks awesome but I never do print work so its hard to justify

FWIW, Affinity Publisher has a ton of features the other apps lack, including hyperlinks, linked documents, find & replace (!!!), & several others that can be very useful even if you never do any print work. For a limited time it is also on sale for 20% off, so that might make buying it easier to justify.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

I’m curious about your workflow, how would hyperlinks/linked documents/find replace be useful in Photo or Designer? Genuinely curious, wondering if I’m missing out on something lol 

1 hour ago, junovhs said:

I’m curious about your workflow, how would hyperlinks/linked documents/find replace be useful in Photo or Designer? Genuinely curious, wondering if I’m missing out on something lol 

Designer files can have a significant amount of text. Even Photo files can, though it may be more likely to use text in Designer. Find/Replace can be useful in that case, and has been asked for by many users, though personally I think that those projects should perhaps be done in Publisher now that it's available :)

Hyperlinks can also be useful, if you're producing a PDF or something for the web. And many users have also used Designer for those functions.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

5 hours ago, R C-R said:

FWIW, Affinity Publisher has a ton of features the other apps lack, including hyperlinks, linked documents, find & replace (!!!), & several others that can be very useful even if you never do any print work. For a limited time it is also on sale for 20% off, so that might make buying it easier to justify.

The Linked Documents features sounds similar to Embedded Documents. Either way, seems pretty useful, but I guess they are different in some fundamental way?

Have just installed Publisher, (from a preorder).I have tried to use studio link, but it is suggesting I purchase and install Designer and Photo.

I have both of these (and have had for sometime and at release 1.7) albeit I think they must have come from the Apple store. How do I now link them?

Thanks in advance

14 hours ago, Robert Bousfield said:

I have tried to use studio link, but it is suggesting I purchase and install Designer and Photo.

I have both of these (and have had for sometime and at release 1.7) albeit I think they must have come from the Apple store. How do I now link them?

If you do a forum search you will see that there are now a great many posts about how to fix this issue, but to begin with, you must have version 1.7.1 of Designer and Photo installed & have run them at least once for Affinity Publisher's StudioLink to recognize them. If you have not updated the apps from 1.6.x or 1.7.0 to 1.7.1, it won't work.

Also make sure all 3 apps are in their originally installed location in the root level Applications folder.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1