Yeah, that's an awesome release!

I have a problem with StudioLink though...

So I have the three Affinity apps on Windows (no Beta version, I bought all of these), but when I go into Publisher then I click on the Designer Persona button in the top left corner, it displays that:

image.png.5aa630786f485bdf3d25b92574a9e496.png

I can't switch into the Designer Persona, just as if it wasn't on my PC...

Does anyone have the same problem? Any idea? Thanks :)

Have you updated to the latest version of Designer (1.7.1.404)?

Have you run the Designer, opened a file, and exited at least once?

Try deleting the .appinfo files from C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\appinfo\Release

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

Posted (edited)

Go to your Affinity account and download Designer & Photo. These will not then be Beta versions

In Windows, Delete the Beta versions of Designer & Photo leaving the full releases (eg Designer 1.7.1.404)

Then you can open Publisher: Studiolink will then switch to Designer or Photo (and back) from Publisher

Edited by LOFTYVIEWNOBLE
Correction

Hi works fine for me. 

Step by Step. Close everything..

Open A.. Photo and A.. Designer and only then Open A.. Publisher. Everything should work.

Same with me on Windows 10

Windows 10 64bit OS Build 17134.345 Version 1803
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Pen Support

You just need to run both after they are updated (Designer and Photo).  No need to open any files, either.

My guess is that, once each is run - after being updated to the latest version - it will be added to the list of registered Affinity applications you own, by StudioLink (which is then used by Publisher, so it knows which of the other two are available.)

Same Problem:

• Designer was installed and updated to 1.7. Program was used. Then install of Publisher 1.7. StudioLink does not see Designer.
  • Downloaded, installed and open/closed test version of Photo --> Studiolink sees Photo. Works fine.
  • "Repaired" Designer --> no effect
  • Placed Designer File --> no effect

(Running Win10, all apps from Affinity store)

Same Problem on Mac. Designer + Photo coming from AppStore, Designer from Webside after preorder. No Studiolink.

OK - SOLVED

All Programs have to be in the Mac Program Folder, not at external Drive.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, ArcadaClub said:

Same Problem on Mac. Designer + Photo coming from AppStore, Designer from Webside after preorder. No Studiolink.

Fortunately, that is not the issue. You need to update Designer and Photo to the latest (1.7.1 or later) version, open both apps, and open Publisher. Close and reopen Publisher in case it was already open. This procedure will register the apps in Publisher for StudioLink. StudioLink should work now.

Edited by Paul Steunebrink

Please check this post. It solved the problem for me. Designer does not update its AppInfo. Do this manually and it works.

I followed aammppaa's advice ... 

"Try deleting the .appinfo files from C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\appinfo\Release"

and it worked like a charm...!!

aammppaa ... you the man !!  Thanks.

13 hours ago, Speike said:

Hi works fine for me. 

Open A.. Photo and A.. Designer and only then Open A.. Publisher. Everything should work.

Tried that and still won't link.

10 hours ago, RonReed said:

Macintosh platform; it doesn't work. It seems to think I don't have the other applications.

1562687794_ScreenShot2019-06-19at9_24_15PM.jpg.130ba8417b1cb73aa5eaa1196f18ade6.jpg

I get the same thing. I've had Photo and Designer from their start, yet it says it isn't installed.

15 hours ago, Speike said:

Hi works fine for me. 

This worked for me after downloading and installing v1.7 in APhoto & ADesigner, having checked that the beta version was removed from windows.

Bit of an error that this was not included in the install instructions - what happened to a warning that the others were not up to date????

Hope this sort of thing does not occur in future!!

6 hours ago, BGSvM said:

Designer was installed and updated to 1.7.

Make sure you have Designer 1.7.1, not 1.7.0.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

I work on Windows and was confused as well, because Photo and Designer didn't prompt about available updates. Everything worked OK when I downloaded files from my account.

W10, i5 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 840A, Wacom Intuos Pro M, iPad Pro 2018. 
 W10, Xeon 3.20GHz, 32GB RAM, nVidia Quadro 600, Wacom Intuos Pro M
pilcrow.eu | vivaldi.com | qwant.com

Hi everyone on this thread having issues with Studio Link.

For Windows, see this thread https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/89565-the-studio-link-in-publisher-is-not-recognizing-my-installed-designer-and-photo/

For Mac Users, please make sure the Affinity apps are all in the main section of Applications and not in a sub folder, otherwise the studio link won't work.

I have Publisher from the Affinity Store, Designer and Photo from MAS. Launching Photo or Designer from Publisher works, but Photo has not my Brushes and Adjustments. Why is this so? It makes no sense for me not having the same tools and setting in a Publisher session launching Photo .

Affinity Publisher, Photo, Designer + Capture One & DxO Photolab on 2019‘ iMac 27“ 3,1 Ghz i5, 32GB RAM, Radeon pro 575X, MacOS Mojave

On 6/20/2019 at 8:02 AM, steven.ventimiglia said:

1. Update Affinity Designer.

2. Update Affinity Photo.

3. Install Affinity Publisher (if you haven't already.)

4. Open/close Affinity Designer, post-update.

5. Open/close Affinity Photo, post-update.

6. Run Affinity Publisher.

Many Thanks to Steven.

Simple, Fast, Works!

2 hours ago, j3rry said:

I have Publisher from the Affinity Store, Designer and Photo from MAS. Launching Photo or Designer from Publisher works, but Photo has not my Brushes and Adjustments. Why is this so? It makes no sense for me not having the same tools and setting in a Publisher session launching Photo .

This has been answered over on this thread