You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Studiolink not working for me (split)

Yeah, that's an awesome release!

I have a problem with StudioLink though...

So I have the three Affinity apps on Windows (no Beta version, I bought all of these), but when I go into Publisher then I click on the Designer Persona button in the top left corner, it displays that:

image.png.5aa630786f485bdf3d25b92574a9e496.png

I can't switch into the Designer Persona, just as if it wasn't on my PC...

Does anyone have the same problem? Any idea? Thanks :)

Have you updated to the latest version of Designer (1.7.1.404)?

Have you run the Designer, opened a file, and exited at least once?

Try deleting the .appinfo files from C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\appinfo\Release

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Go to your Affinity account and download Designer & Photo. These will not then be Beta versions

In Windows, Delete the Beta versions of Designer & Photo leaving the full releases (eg Designer 1.7.1.404)

Then you can open Publisher: Studiolink will then switch to Designer or Photo (and back) from Publisher

Edited by LOFTYVIEWNOBLE
Correction

You just need to run both after they are updated (Designer and Photo).  No need to open any files, either.

My guess is that, once each is run - after being updated to the latest version - it will be added to the list of registered Affinity applications you own, by StudioLink (which is then used by Publisher, so it knows which of the other two are available.)

Same Problem:

• Designer was installed and updated to 1.7. Program was used. Then install of Publisher 1.7. StudioLink does not see Designer.
  • Downloaded, installed and open/closed test version of Photo --> Studiolink sees Photo. Works fine.
  • "Repaired" Designer --> no effect
  • Placed Designer File --> no effect

(Running Win10, all apps from Affinity store)

48 minutes ago, ArcadaClub said:

Same Problem on Mac. Designer + Photo coming from AppStore, Designer from Webside after preorder. No Studiolink.

Fortunately, that is not the issue. You need to update Designer and Photo to the latest (1.7.1 or later) version, open both apps, and open Publisher. Close and reopen Publisher in case it was already open. This procedure will register the apps in Publisher for StudioLink. StudioLink should work now.

Edited by Paul Steunebrink

15 hours ago, Speike said:

Hi works fine for me. 

Step by Step. Close everything..

Open A.. Photo and A.. Designer and only then Open A.. Publisher. Everything should work.

This worked for me after downloading and installing v1.7 in APhoto & ADesigner, having checked that the beta version was removed from windows.

Bit of an error that this was not included in the install instructions - what happened to a warning that the others were not up to date????

Hope this sort of thing does not occur in future!!

6 hours ago, BGSvM said:

Designer was installed and updated to 1.7.

Make sure you have Designer 1.7.1, not 1.7.0.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi everyone on this thread having issues with Studio Link.

For Windows, see this thread https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/89565-the-studio-link-in-publisher-is-not-recognizing-my-installed-designer-and-photo/

For Mac Users, please make sure the Affinity apps are all in the main section of Applications and not in a sub folder, otherwise the studio link won't work.

I have Publisher from the Affinity Store, Designer and Photo from MAS. Launching Photo or Designer from Publisher works, but Photo has not my Brushes and Adjustments. Why is this so? It makes no sense for me not having the same tools and setting in a Publisher session launching Photo .

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

On 6/20/2019 at 8:02 AM, steven.ventimiglia said:

1. Update Affinity Designer.

2. Update Affinity Photo.

3. Install Affinity Publisher (if you haven't already.)

4. Open/close Affinity Designer, post-update.

5. Open/close Affinity Photo, post-update.

6. Run Affinity Publisher.

Many Thanks to Steven.

Simple, Fast, Works!

• Staff
2 hours ago, j3rry said:

I have Publisher from the Affinity Store, Designer and Photo from MAS. Launching Photo or Designer from Publisher works, but Photo has not my Brushes and Adjustments. Why is this so? It makes no sense for me not having the same tools and setting in a Publisher session launching Photo .

This has been answered over on this thread