You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Studio Link in Publisher is not recognizing my installed Photo (split)

I have the solution for you.....

1. You need to update your Affinity Photo to version 1.7.1.

If you have the new version. Open Affinity Photo 1st and then your Publisher.. and it should recognize it.. 

2. If you are still having the same problem... (which happened to me)

My case:

I updated My Affinity Photo.. but this happened.. 

2.1 My "APP Update History" was showing that the new version was downloaded and installed... but when opening or running the application.. and going to "Menu/ Affinity Photo / about... / my applicaton still was showing version 1.7.0  .... 

Solution: (For People who purchsed Affinity photo from Apple Store)

2.2 Go to Applications/ select Affinity Photo / Sent to Trash (if you have a password to access your Mac... it would ask for your password as confirmation that you want to send it or delete the App) ...

2.3 Once your Affinity Photo App is in the Trash... (Keep it there DO NOT EMPTY TRASH)

2.4 Go to App Store / Go to Purchased History / Select your "Affinity Photo App" and Install it again !

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FINALLY DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION 1.7.1 AND GUESS WHAT ... NOW YOUR PUBLISHER WILL RECONIZE IT. AND YOU WILL  BE ABLE TO USE ALL THE PROGRAMS WITHIN THE PUBLISHER...!!!  TA DA!!!  ENJOY !!!  NOW THEY ARE ALL MERGED. !

Edited by Dov

• Staff

@Dov

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Thanks for sharing your solution. I think that the only time we have seen this was when we had copied the Mac App Store version onto an external or network drive and the MAS copy was being updated not the original !  So the store knew it had downloaded the update but there was also the original still there. We had to do what you did putting the un-updated version in the trash and redownloading to get the store to update the /Applications version. Anyway hopefully your suggestion may help someone else in a similar situation.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon