You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Studio Link in Publisher is not recognizing my installed Photo (split)

• Staff

@Jedidiah23

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

This should work, so a few questions please

• Has your Affinity Photo come from the Mac App Store?
  • Has it updated to the recently released version 1.7.1 yet
  • Is it installed in the Applications folder?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Any Mac App Store apps MUST be up to date (new version 1.7.1 in Updates and Downloads) and have been run at least once for SutdioLink to function in Affinity Publisher

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Both Designer and Photo are 1.7.1, tried running both programs independently but still did not work. One thing I noticed was whist Designer and Photo appear in Launchpad they do not appear in applications. If this is problem not sure how to rectify.

• Staff

I think you will need to find them and put them back into applications and then run each one once, but I have not confirmed that if you would rather wait for another member of support who is in front of a Mac, then I would understand.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I bought Designer on the MAS because that was the only option available at the time, and I bought Photo when I think it was still only available on the MAS or I didn't know about the possibility of direct purchase (would have preferred it). Then I preordered Publisher through the web store because that was the only choice again (and I had no idea about Studio Link). But now Studio Link won't recognize Designer & Photo (1.7), and I don't find that acceptable. Please make Studio Link work regardless of where we bought the apps from, or refund my purchase, or convert my Designer & Photo licenses to the DRM-free versions since I would prefer that because I basically only use the MAS for Affinity anyway.

Nevermind, I didn't see the 1.7.1 update and now it works!

Edited by hawk
solved

♥️Affinity v2; macOS 14; ⌨️🖱; recreational user since 2014.

I am having the same issue.  I have Designer (but not Photo) installed on my PC desktop, and Publisher doesn't recognize it.  I've confirmed that Designer is the latest version, and I've started it up (several times) since installing Publisher.  I even did a reboot, because hey, sometimes that helps.  Nothin'.

On the other hand, I put Publisher on my laptop, upgraded my Designer & Photo installs there, started them up, and StudioLink works in Designer no problem.  So, 50% success!  Still, if anyone has any thoughts it'd be appreciated.

6 minutes ago, mbaren said:

I have Designer (but not Photo) installed on my PC desktop

This thread seems to be mostly about issue with StudioLink on Mac.

For PC try deleting the .appinfo files from C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\appinfo\Release

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

5 hours ago, Bryce said:

vincentlepe

his answer is correct. close your Publisher and open both designer and Photo then close them and open Publsiher. It didn't work for me and after doing that it was fine.

One last thing is you have to own them both to get both buttons working.

Thank you.  I purchased both Photo & Designer through 3rd party apps, so I owned them. At first Publisher didn't recognize them, so I took your recommendation by closing everything. Then I opened Photo, followed by Designer. When I opened Publisher last, everything was linked.  Hoo-ray!

I have just purchased and installed Publisher and tried to get Studio Link to work. It doesn't and I'm guessing because I have version 1.7.0 of Designer and Photo. I thought "Simple... I'll go to the download section of Affinity's website and download the latest versions!"... except I purchased them through Apple's App Store and, upon checking there, there is no way to update... the button to download the software simply says "OPEN" (because they're already installed - albeit older versions).

How to I update to version 1.7.1 (or whatever version is required to use Studio Link) without having to re-purchase the software from the Affinity store?

If that's the only way, I'm going to be pretty peeved! 

3 minutes ago, achilles177 said:

I have closed Publisher, launched both Designer and Photo, reopened Publisher and now everything works fine on Mac (all apps updated to 1.7.1 version).

I did that too but my Designer and Photo are version 1.7.0 (were before - still are) and I can see no way to update them - either from within the apps themselves or in the Mac App Store.

I've had the same problem as well. It's solved now.

You can update Photo and designer to 1.7.1 in the Mac Appstore under 'Updates' or 'Purchased' tabs. Once that's done, launch both designer and photo. If Publisher is reopened after this, the studio link seems to work fine.