You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Automatic update

So now there are three apps: Photo, Designer and Publisher. Each of them is installed separately. Each of them will tell you there's a new version. Then you click on the Download button, save the installer, quit the app again, run the installer, click a few times and wait a few moments. Three times. Every few weeks or so.

I'm looking forward to a tool that does that for me. When installing from the Microsoft store, it all happens already. I'll just have the current version when I open it. When installing from the Affinity store however I only get an installer package that installs exactly that once. It won't update anything. So that autoupdate tool could be run through the scheduler like once every night and fetch and install any updates for all installed Affinity apps automatically. Does that sound good to you? Is it something you're interested in?

As a bonus, it would be configurable. Find and install automatically; find and notify, then install after confirmation; or disabled. It should also be able to find and install on demand so I won't get any notifications during the holidays but can still quickly update it all with a single click back home.