You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Multiple Spread Layout Orientation

Greetings!

What I am wanting to do is have a book that must be rotated every time a page is turned. So for example.... If I have a Master page with the Spread going horizontal... So you can read it from left to right.....   Then I want the spread to be from Top to Bottom......

I figure that this feature would cause confusion for some people if this is not what they want... 

Thanks in advance!

Masterpage Layout.jpg

• Staff

As you might imagine, this isn't the most common of cases so there is no direct support for it in Publisher at the moment. Publisher does support horizontal and vertical facing page stacks but not in the same document. As it stands I would recommend not using facing pages but doing a single page document with manually resized spreads and masters. You can have spreads and masters that are different sizes in the same document. You can even free transform the masters to rotate them on the spread. You can also rotate the view to help with working on spreads with different orientations. Alternatively you might consider laying out all your pages in the conventional orientation in one document then placing each page as a rotated embedded images in the crazy layout version.

Ah thats a really great idea... I think having two documents while I am doing the Look Development would work really well. This is suppose to be for a childrens book that forces them to rotate the book clockwise and then counter clockwise. 

Thank you for the quick response... This was a great help!

• 1 year later...