You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Having been patiently waiting for Personas to be revealed in Publisher, I was eager to test it in today's Customer Release. I was surprised to find that I was faced with an invitation to buy StudioLink for £30++ No mention of this before!

Am I missing something??

I bought Photo & Designer in their pre-Release days.

StudioLink.afpub

27 minutes ago, Wosven said:

Run them once while APub is runing too so it could detect them.

I think I had to run them before I started Publisher but I wouldn't bet money on being correct about it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

Run them once while APub is runing too so it could detect them.

For most people having this issue, that won't fix it. I've completely uninstalled all three apps (including app preference files) and reinstalled them twice (once installing Publisher first, then another time last). I've tried opening Publisher first, and also last. All three apps are version 1.71 and all three are in the Applications folder. Nothing I do will get StudioLink to recognize the other two apps in Publisher. At this point, I've wasted enough time (along with the many other issues with Publisher) that it's no longer worth even trying to use them. 

16 hours ago, MacGizmo said:

For most people having this issue, that won't fix it. I've completely uninstalled all three apps (including app preference files) and reinstalled them twice (once installing Publisher first, then another time last). I've tried opening Publisher first, and also last. All three apps are version 1.71 and all three are in the Applications folder. Nothing I do will get StudioLink to recognize the other two apps in Publisher. At this point, I've wasted enough time (along with the many other issues with Publisher) that it's no longer worth even trying to use them. 

For most people the suggested fixes will enable StudioLink -- just browse through the (many!) topics about this issue to see that. If none of them work for you, reinstalling any of the apps is almost certainly not going to change anything unless one of more of the files in the app package itself had somehow become corrupted or deleted. If that happened, the app(s) would crash or behave strangely when operations that used the damaged/missing file were performed.

It is much more likely that the cause of both StudioLink failing to work & (most of) the other issues you are having is one or more damaged preference or other per user settings file. The usual fix for that is resetting the app, choosing the appropriate reset option(s).  @DWright explains how to do that (& the steps you should take beforehand) in this post.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, Roland Dicke said:

Nothing helps! Reinstalling with diferent sequences. Resetting any of the three Apps while staring them.

Are you 100% certain that Designer & Photo have been updated to version 1.7.1 (1.7.0 versions won't work)?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

If you are on Mac the three have to be in the top level of the Applications folder.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

If you are on Mac the three have to be in the top level of the Applications folder.

And even if you are not on a Mac, if you reset them you probably have to start over, running Designer & Photo at least once before running Publisher.

Affinity Photo 

4 hours ago, R C-R said:

at least once before running Publisher.

For me on Win10 it wasn't before (did nothing, I did it after updating the apps), I had to run first APub, and run Designer, wait a few second until it was fully loaded, and click on the Designer persona, quit AD, and do the same with AP.

I'll test again on Win7 tomorrow, were my apps are on a special partition and not in the default folder.