You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo - Unwanted Brush switches to Eraser on pen display

Hi there, 

I've been struggling with this issue on and off for about a month or so. When I use my pen display (XP-Pen Artist 15.6 with updated drivers) the tool switches from whatever I'm using, brush, blur tool, etc to the eraser tool. This specifically happens when my pen goes out of contact with the display and then comes back into contact - so whenever my pen moves about  1"-2" away from the display.  Is there a way to disable this? It is happening the the most recent version of AF as well as the Beta.

Thanks

It only seems to happen when I take my pen away from the screen, enough for it to lose connection, and then return connection. I don't use the buttons on the pen much, if ever.

This is something that has happened before, all of a sudden. It has also gone away all of a sudden. It usually lasts for a while in either state. I will try restarting my computer to see if that does anything...

• 3 years later...

I'm still seeing this behavior on Affinity Photo. My stats:

m1 macbook pro

Tablet: XP-Pen 22"

The pen has a button that can toggle between "pen" and "eraser" modes. Affinity Photo doesn't recognize that state when in the application, but if you move the pen outside of the window, once it comes back it will default to either the "pen" or "eraser" state you've set before. I guess if this problem's been around since 2019 its probably baked-in by this point which is a shame.